In today’s economy, it is critical for an organization to offer a competitive compensation package that is appealing to potential employees as well as cost effective for the company. This course covers the essentials of compensation management, including organizational strategies; program development and design; important terms and definitions; and a review of the related legal environment. You will use examples from your own work environments to immediately integrate your new knowledge and skills into your compensation responsibilities.
- Identify and use competitive practice information
- Know applicable government regulations, including reporting and disclosure requirements
- Review variable pay programs and creating an appropriate pay structure design
- Understand and apply appropriate job analysis and evaluation processes
- Realize the importance of identifying the organization’s philosophy, objectives and strategy