You know the realities of today’s workplace - less staff are dealing with increasing workloads and more challenging people issues than ever before. As a manager in today’s workplace, you know that you must continue to sharpen your management skills to meet these demands, not only for your own effectiveness, but also for your team’s success and overall organizational performance. At the end of each session, you will leave with higher levels of self confidence, backed by skills that you can immediately apply when you return to work!
This eight-week program provides soon-to-be or newly promoted supervisors and managers with a solid foundation in the essentials of supervising employees.
Participants can sign up for the entire program or take individual classes that meet their specific needs.
Attention HR & Training Professionals: This popular program has been offered on site to companies, tailored to their specific organizational needs. Call us and let's exam how we can customize a program for your organization.
- Meets: Tuesdays, 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Location: CSUSM San Marcos Campus
- Fee: $149 for individual classes $1,192/program. Team Savings for three or more employees attending the same class!
Continuing Education Units: Total program is approved for 2.8 CEUs
- Transition from Peer to Supervisor
- Management Basics
- Managing within the Law
- Effective Communication Skills
- Performance Management
- Cultural Competency in the Workplace
- Coaching and Feedback
- Goal Setting and Time Management
Select course for description & schedule
- Summer Schedule: July 7 - August 25
- Fall Schedule: October 6 - November 24