Managing Within the Law
Managers and supervisors make decisions every day that can have significant legal implications. This class will highlight some of the relevant laws and their application to the daily operations and functions of a manager, including preventative employment practices, harassment situations and health and safety guidelines.
- Avoid workplace violence and misconduct
- Prevent harassment and discrimination
- Handle drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace
- Understand different legislations such as Title VII, ADA and FMLA
- Create an environment of mutual trust and communication
This program is a core class in our Supervising Employees Certificate.