Tasting Room Management
Returning in 2016!
CSUSM has partnered with Sonoma State University Wine Business Institute to video conference their popular Tasting Room Management Certificate classes to our San Marcos Campus!
- A wine industry professional seeking to update your knowledge of management and marketing?
- A new industry professional that needs a solid foundation of information to be successful?
- An investor or career changer who is interested in exploring opportunities for being part of the exciting world of wine?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then these courses are designed for you!
The Tasting Room Management Certificate prepares individuals for more responsibility and new opportunities with training in direct shipping, staffing, marketing, wine club management, data base management, sales, budgeting, and customer relationship management. Each course is designed to enhance your knowledge of the various aspects of running a successful tasting room.
Attend four sessions and receive a CSUSM Tasting Room Management Certificate of Completion!
Direct sales to consumers are among the most profitable sales that a small winery can create. To be successful requires a strong direct marketing plan, encompassing many opportunities with consumers. Beyond the obvious sales made in the tasting room, there are sales driven in newsletters, wine club activity, the winery, website, events and other less common direct marketing strategies. This seminar will focus on these channels while reflecting your brand image and story and how they are perceived by current and potential customers.
Selling Through the Tasting Room
If it's not all about the wine, what is it all about? The simple and yet much overlooked answer is: it's all about your visitors. Start visitors on the first step of an amazing and emotional journey that takes them from first time buyers to loyal and long-term customers. Elizabeth Slater delves into the psychological aspects of creating ambassadors for your winery. Develop your abilities to make the sale through a singular process:
- Learning to engage and disengage
- How what you say encourages a buying response
- Are we selling at the right time?
- What have you done for your visitors today?
All these sales techniques and more will be thoroughly explored during this session. Learn the sales process and enjoy selling!
"Though I've been in the wine industry for 15 years and managing a tasting room for 9 years, this class still had a lot of information and helpful tips that I will implement immediately. I highly recommend it." - Denise Wells, GM/Owner Fifity Barrels Urban Winery
"Great overview of the function and purpose of a tasting room operation. Very interactive and time allowed for Q&A."- Cheryl Kadan
How to Build a Profitable Wine Club
Over the last few years, wine clubs have emerged as an effective tool to connect with consumers and a strong profit center for many wineries. With the proliferation of wine clubs and a soft economy, it is becoming harder to attract and retain members.
How to Build a Profitable Wine Club delves into the strategies and tactics of connecting members and potential members with wine clubs--from promoting and selling wine club memberships through the web, e-newsletters, and the tasting room, to value-adds that connect and retain members. Session to include:
- Positioning the wine club in the minds of consumers
- Value-adds--what wine club customers really want
- Sales strategies to bring in new members
- Differentiation--making a wine club stand out
How to Create and Execute Successful Winery EventsHow can you create unforgettable events that are successful at satisfying your guests as well as your CFO? When it comes to planning successful events, there are two parties to please--your guests and your winery. From creating events that align with your winery brand to marketing the events to the right audience, this course will guide you through the ins and outs to create and execute successful events for your winery.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Develop successful events for your winery brand
- Segment and market your winery events based on the right audience
- Establish the right goals based on your event type
- Increase sales and wine club sign ups at your events
- Identify the proper permitting needed for your event
Practical Strategies to Increase ecommerce
Interested in taking your Direct to Consumer function to a higher level by tapping into the growing wine e-Commerce channel? If so, this engaging hands-on session is perfect for you and other employees in your winery involved in online DTC tasks. We will cover:
- Email marketing: going beyond the basics
- Understanding how to get more exposure for your winery website through advanced SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
- How to test and optimize the design of your website to increase the user experience and ecommerce sales
- Google Analytics intro & user training
- Social media that actually boosts your website traffic
You'll leave with solid ideas on how to increase your online wine sales.
Social Media and Wine Marketing
This course will empower you with the knowledge, tools, and applications of Social Media Best Practices. You will learn an accessible and practical process to help you effectively listen, create, optimize, engage, and manage your social media presence and network of relationships.
CSUSM, Extended Learning (760) 750-4004