How to Apply
Now accepting applications for Fall 2014!
- *Bachelor's degree
- Mathematical proficiency at a minimum level of college Algebra
- Submit the HIT Program Application
- Submit resume
- Send official transcripts (mailed or hand delivered) to:
California State University San Marcos
Attn: Student Services/HIT Program
333 S.Twin Oaks Valley Rd.
San Marcos, CA 92096
*This program is open to applicants of any discipline with a bachelor's degree. In addition, CSUSM students with senior standing and relevant background knowledge or experience (e.g., IT, Computer Science, MIS, Nursing) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Copies of transcripts as well as the resume may be e-mailed for the purpose of initial application approval. Once approved, unopened/sealed original official transcripts must be received at the address above before the start of the program.
Students are admitted each Fall semester
Each course is 2 units of credit. Students take 6 units per term, for a total of 12 semester units.
The following credit courses are required for the certificate and must be completed with a grade point average of a "C" or better. All 12 units of the program are fully transferable academic units.
- HIT 500 – Healthcare Systems: Structure and Process (2)
- HIT 510 – Data Management for Healthcare Decision Support (2)
- HIT 520 – Electronic Health Records (2)
- HIT 530 – Data Communication and Security for Healthcare (2)
- HIT 540 – Managing Healthcare System Change (2)
- HIT 550 – Project Management and Process Improvement for Healthcare (2)