- Extended Learning - Home
- Information Request Form
- About Us
- Advanced Spanish for Medical Personnel
- American Language & Culture Institute
- Calendar of Classes & Events
- Certificate Programs
- Courses & Certificates
- Credit Courses
- CSUSM at Temecula
- Degree Programs
- Electronic Music Summer Workshops
- Global Education
- Palliative Care
- Online Programs
- Open University
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI)
- Register Now
- Teacher Education
This online Paralegal Certificate program includes the Paralegal Certificate Course as well as the Advanced Paralegal Certification Course.
The Paralegal Certificate Course includes lessons on how to work as a full-time or part-time paralegal, or how to open your own freelance business. This intensive, nationally acclaimed curriculum is designed for beginning as well as advanced legal workers. Course topics include how to interview witnesses, investigate compile fact patterns, research the law, prepare legal documents, and assist in preparing cases for courtroom litigation. The instruction is practice oriented and relates to those areas of the law in which paralegals are most in demand.
Advanced Paralegal Certificate Course enables students to build upon their knowledge of law and paralegal studies in classes in specialized facets of contemporary law. These classes build upon the nationally acclaimed Paralegal Certificate course with advanced study and concentration on substantively specific materials that can enable you to gain a strong competitive edge over other paralegals. Online participants can interact with other students through an online forum, and assignments and exams are e-mailed to your instructor for critique and grading.
In order for a student to meet the criteria of a Paralegal in the State of California, the student must complete both the Paralegal Certificate Course (Introduction) and the Advanced Paralegal Certificate Course.
- Paralegal Certificate Course: $1189 (plus cost of textbooks)
- Advanced Paralegal Certificate Course: $1650 (plus cost of textbooks)
- Spring Session I = Jan. 10 - Feb. 25
- Spring Session II = March 7 - April 22
- Summer Session I = May 2 - June 17
- Summer Session II = June 27 - August 12
- Fall Session I = August 22 - October 7
- Fall Session II = October 17 - December 2
For More Information
- To learn more about the Paralegal Certificate Core Courses, click here.
- To learn more about the Advanced Paralegal Certificate Course, click here
or call the Center for Legal Studies at (800) 522-7737.
This program is not an approved American Bar Association (ABA) program.