Information For

Links / FAQs

University Links

College of Education, Health and Human Services:

California State University System:

CSUSM Chapter-National Student Speech-Language and Hearing Association (NSSLHA):

Industry Related Links

American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA):

California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC):

Speech Language Pathology and Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board (SLPAB):

California Speech-Language-Hearing Association (CSHA):


Communication Science and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS):

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How do I know that my application was properly received?

Once we have received your application, an email (listing any additional requirements) will be sent to your email address that was listed on the submitted application.

Do all of the required documents have to be mailed to your office?

All required documents to be mailed to our office are detailed in the SLP Application Instructions Transcripts to both CSUSM and CSDCAS must be mailed. Other documents such as the prerequisite checklist and your personal statement must be uploaded into your CSDCAS application. Refer to the SLP Application Instructions regarding which documents are required to apply to the University and to apply through CSDCAS. Please see the advising page for the advisor's contact information. 

How do I confirm that my additional required documents were received besides the application?

For the University application, you can contact Extended Learning at (760) 750-4020 and inquire. For status on any documentation required for the CSDCAS application, please log into your CSDCAS student portal at

If I graduated from CSUSM, do I still need to send in official transcripts?

You do not need to submit your CSUSM transcript. You will be required to submit official transcripts from other colleges and universities you have attended or are currently attending.

Who do I work on my student status/admission at CSUSM if I'm an international student?

All students will work directly with Extended Learning Student Services for these matters. Please see our Advising link for more information. For additional questions, please check our Contact Us link.

How do I request Financial Aid?

Please go to the Financial Aid and Scholarships section within the Student Services tab for more details. You can visit the Financial Aid and Scholarship office or call (760) 750-4850 with any questions. At the time of your application, we advise that you complete your FAFSA application.