The B.S. in Kinesiology, option in Health Science program is a cohort-based program
consisting of 2-years of full-time study. Each student is required to complete 15
semester units of "pre-Kinesiology core" courses and 63 units of study in residence
with CSUSM. The pre-Kinesiology core may be completed prior to admission to the program
but will also be provided during the first three terms if the student chooses to begin
without these courses. The program is designed to be completed in 5 academic terms,
including one summer. Each year, CSUSM admits a new cohort during Fall Semester (late-August).
All classes will be held at the Temecula campus.
2-yr cycle includes:
2-yr cycle does not include these required courses that should preferably be taken
prior to admission:
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA from all transfer coursework
Completion of CSU general education transfer requirements (for articulated classes, visit the Assist Web site)
- Completion of BIOL 104
- All courses already taken for the major must be completed with a C or better.
- Completion of 60 transferable semester college units (or 90 transferable quarter units)
- Completion of an Extended Learning program application
- Application to the CSU (will be distributed at program information sessions).
- Note: The four pre-Kinesiology core courses required prior to application/admission
to our state-side program are provided during the 2-year cycle and are NOT required
prior to application/admission to this program.