How to Apply
Note: Program is pending approval from the CSUSM Academic Senate and the CSU Chancellor's Office.
Applicants for admission to the MBA at CSUSM at Temecula must meet the CSU General Requirements and the Supplemental Requirements of the MBA program at CSUSM at Temecula, which are appropriate to graduate study in management.
The minimum requirements for CSU graduate admission require that the student must:
- Have completed a four-year college course of study and hold a baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association
- Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended
- Have attained a grade point average of at least 2.5 (A = 4.0) in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted
- Satisfy the supplemental requirements of the CoBA
MBA AT CSUSM AT TEMECULA PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
Admissions decisions will be made when you have submitted a complete application package. The minimum Program Requirements for admission are:
- A GMAT score of 500 or above, with a minimum 30th percentile score in the Verbal section, a minimum 30th percentile score in the Quantitative section, and a minimum score of 4.0 in the Analytical Writing section. The Faculty Admissions Committee will use the best GMAT score taken within the past five years.
- A Grade Point Average (GPA) of “B” (3.0) or better in the last 60 graded semester units, from a WASC-equivalent university. Only regular courses from four-year colleges and/or universities will be used in calculating an applicant’s GPA—no extension courses or community college courses will be included.
- The Work Experience requirement is at least three years of full time, professionally relevant work experience.
All prospective students are required to submit a Program Application. Submission of the Program Application will allow Extended Learning to provide each prospective student with an educational plan for program acceptance. Each applicant will receive an individualized advising worksheet showing course requirements completed and outstanding requirements that need to be met.
Once you have submitted your application, you will be prompted to pay the non-refundable $50 Program Application Fee. You should receive both an email confirming your application submission and your payment.
Note: Should you be offered admission into this program, you will be asked to pay a $250 "intent to enroll" fee upon acceptance.This fee will be credited towards your first semester's fees.
In addition, to completing a MBA at CSUSM at Temecula Program Application, you will need to provide:
- One-page essay on your achievements which you consider to be the best indicators of your potential for a successful management career.
- One-page essay on the rewards and challenges you anticipate from the program and how you expect the experience to enhance your management career.
- Three professional recommendations using the Recommendation for MBA Applicant Form.
The Essays and the Letters of Recommendation must support your competency in relation to graduate studies and demonstrate the appropriateness of the MBA degree for your goals.
You must also request that the following documents be sent directly to CSUSM from the respective organizations:
- GMAT scores. Request that the appropriate testing organization send your scores directly to the College of Business Administration at the address below. The CSUSM code for the GMAT test is V38-PT-28. Please visit www.mba.com to arrange for a test date and view our Frequently Asked Questions to learn about how to prepare for the GMAT test.
- Two transcripts from each college or university previously attended. Transcripts must be received by CSUSM in sealed envelopes from the institutions. It is acceptable for you to send in transcripts which you have received from your previous college/university, but the official seal on the envelopes must not be broken. When requesting transcripts, be sure you contact the institution first to determine its fee. You may use the MBA Applicant Transcript Request Form to assist you in requesting your transcripts.
- TOEFL score, if required. Request that the appropriate testing organization send your scores directly to the College of Business Administration at the address below.
- Certified English translations of non-English transcripts.
Please mail all official transcripts*, essay responses, recommendations and your resume to:
College of Business Administration
Attention: MBA at CSUSM at Temecula
California State University San Marcos
San Marcos, CA 92096-0001
Please note: For your initial evaluation please compile all official, hard copy transcripts from each college and university attended in one single package. This prevents any delay of the evaluation/admissions process. It is preferred that all transcripts are collected and mailed together in one single package. Please ensure that all official, hard copy transcripts from all colleges and universities attended have been sent directly from the institution to the student's home address. Once you receive all official, hard copy transcripts, please mail them to Extended Learning at the address listed above. Please do not open the transcripts or they will be deemed "unofficial".
International Student Admissions Requirements
For all Extended Learning degree programs, "foreign students" include those who hold U.S. visas as students, exchange visitors, or in other nonimmigrant classifications. You must submit academic records from foreign institutions. The original foreign transcript must be on file and if they are not written in English, they must be accompanied by certified English translations. In addition, all foreign transcripts must be evaluated by one of the eight approved CSUSM foreign transcript evaluation agencies. Please visit this link to obtain the list of the eight approved CSUSM foreign transcript evaluation agencies. A course by course evaluation is requested from one of the eight approved CSUSM foreign transcript evaluation agencies. Please note that the evaluation and the original foreign transcript must be submitted to Extended Learning.
International students, please note: With a part-time MBA program Cal State San Marcos will not be able to sponsor F-1 students as the requirement to be an F-1 is full-time student status. However, the program will still be open to other non-immigrant visa holders who do not need an I-20 document for their status (including H-1 and E-1).
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
As required by Sections 40752.1, 40802.1, and 41040 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations, campuses of the California State University require that English competence be established by applicants for admission who have not attended for at least three years an education institution at the secondary level or beyond where English is the principal language of instruction. Most frequently, such students document competence in the English language via results on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). This test (TOEFL) has been and is available in three scoring formats.
Provided below are the CSU minimum scores for each TOEFL total score format:
Application to the University
Students admitted to the MBA program will be required to submit an admission application to CSUSM via CSU Mentor. Please do not apply to the University until you have received explicit instructions to do so.
NOTE: DO NOT APPLY TO THE UNIVERSITY UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED TO THE MBA PROGRAM!
CSU Application Fee
A CSU Mentor application processing fee of $55 in U.S. funds is required for each new CSU application filed. The fee is non-refundable and may not be transferred to another term at any campus. The fee is required for each campus to which you apply.