- Extended Learning - Home
- Information Request Form
- About Us
- American Language & Culture Institute
- Calendar of Classes & Events
- Certificate Programs
- Courses & Certificates
- Credit Courses
- CSUSM at Temecula
- Degree Programs
- Global Education
- Online Programs
- Open University
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI)
- Palliative Care
- Register Now
- Teacher Education
Admission to the Master of Social Work program requires a baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association, a minimum GPA of 3.0 for the last 60 semester (90 quarter) hours of undergraduate course work and no less than a minimum of a 2.85 overall undergraduate GPA.
Students should have computing skills sufficient to complete graduate work including word processing and statistical software programs. Admission decisions will be influenced by the strength of the undergraduate program, academic achievement, experience in the field, and the educational goals of individual applicants.A complete application consists of:
- Completed application form (see "How to Apply")
- One set of official transcripts from colleges and universities attended with official verification of graduation
- Completion of an undergraduate course with a grade of C or better in statistics, preferably in the social and behavioral sciences.
- Resume verifying volunteer, internship, or other paid or unpaid experience in social work or human services positions, with preferably 500 or more total service hours in this field.
- Three letters of recommendation, including at least two academic references for those applicants who have earned their undergraduate degree within three years of applying for the MSW program. Applicants who have earned their undergraduate degree more than three years prior to applying are expected to provide at least one academic reference letter. These three letters of recommendation consist of submitting the Reference Forms as specified in the Admissions Packet.
- Personal statement (6-8 pages) stating the applicant’s reasons for pursuing the MSW degree, describing the applicant’s relevant work/volunteer experience, and demonstrating the applicant’s past academic performance.