Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I have my official General GRE scores sent?
- Send to Institution Code: 4626- CSUSM MS Biotech.
How do I know that my Program Application was properly received?
- Once we have received your application, an email (listing the additional requirements) will be sent to your email address that was listed on the submitted application.
Do all of the required documents have to be mailed to your office?
- No, not all of the required documents have to be mailed to our office. You are welcome to email your personal statement to Jill Litschewski at firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters of recommendation can also be emailed to email@example.com as long as they are emailed from the person recommending the applicant and contain their signature and contact information.
How do I confirm that my additional required documents were received besides the Pre-Admission Advising application?
- You will receive an email each time a requirement was received and placed safely in your applicant file.
If I graduated from CSUSM, do I still need to send in official transcripts?
- If you took classes at or graduated from CSUSM, we will be able to pull up your CSUSM grades on our system once your Program Application is received. If you attended any colleges or universities prior to attending CSUSM, transcript copies may be in our system but please email your advisor to verify this before omitting your official transcript requirement. Also, if you graduated from CSUSM but then attended courses at other colleges or universities thereafter, we will need all official transcripts from these institutions.
Who do I work with on my student status/admission at CSUSM if I'm an international student?
- All program requirements and correspondence are handled directly at Extending Learning Services; all contact information can be found on the "Contact Us" link.
How do I request Financial Aid?
- Please go to the "Student Services" link and scroll down to the "Financial Aid and Scholarships" section for information. You can visit the Financial Aid and Scholarships office website at http://www.csusm.edu/finaid/ or call 760.750.4850 with any questions.
What happens if my official General GRE scores were sent to an incorrect code at CSUSM?
- If your GRE scores were sent to an incorrect institution/department code, please inform Jill Litschewski immediately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why is it that can I not apply via CSU Mentor?
- CSU Mentor will be accessible to those applicants that have been formally admitted into the program; we will inform you of when and how to do so at that time.