Master's in Biotechnology; a Professional Science Master's
CSUSM offers a Master's in Biotechnology; a Professional Science Master's (MBt). Comprising 38 units of a combination of Biotechnology and Business classes over five semesters, this program is one of the more practical and applicable biotechnology degrees available in the San Diego area. Biotech industry leaders have overwhelmingly indicated a need for business training in addition to laboratory experience with hands-on understanding of the increasingly complex technologies being developed in the biotech industry.
Facts about CSUSM's Master's in Biotechnology program:
- 38 credits/units over five semesters (Fall, Spring, Summer, Fall, Spring)
- cohort-style program structure guarantees classes
- evening classes to accommodate working professionals
- combines business courses with science
- includes regulatory affairs, statistics, intellectual property, bioengineering and more
- requires a Semester-in Residence project working with a selected industry leader
- culminates in a public presentation of the project
- often results in immediate job placement or advancement
- Financial Aid is available
Cohorts begin every fall semester. Now accepting applications for Fall 2015 (see How to Apply)
"The Professional Science Master degree is an innovative graduate degree designed to allow students to pursue advanced training and excel in science without a Ph.D., while simultaneously developing highly-valued business skills without the additional time and money needed to obtain an MBA. Programs are characterized by combining rigorous study in science with skill-based coursework in management, law, intellectual property and regulatory affairs," says the Council of Graduate Schools. Professional Science Master programs emphasize writing and communication skills and require a final real-world project or team experience in a business or public sector enterprise.
For more information on Professional Science Master's degree programs, please visit: http://www.sciencemasters.com/ or RSVP for one of the following information sessions:
August 7th 6:30 - 7:30 pm