New Programs Continually Approved
Cal State San Marcos Extended Learning is an approved education provider for federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funding. The following programs are fully funded for those individuals who are currently in transition, registered at a local San Diego County America’s Job Center or SW Riverside County Workforce Development Center and meet eligibility requirements. Visit Cal Jobs webpage for the latest list of approved programs, and follow the link for Job Seekers.
- A+ Certification Training (CompTIA exam voucher included)
- A+ Network+ Security+ Certification Training (CompTIA exam vouchers included)
- 3ds Max
- Administrative Medical Specialist with Medical Billing & Coding plus Terminology (with exam voucher)
- Administrative Professional with Microsoft Office Specialist
- Advanced Coding for Physician’s Office
- Advanced Hospital Coding/CCS Preparation
- Certified Bookkeeper
- Certified Wedding Planner
- Freight Broker/Agent Training
- Grant Writing
- Healthcare IT Technician (with exam voucher)
- HVACR Technician
- Mobile and Desktop Web Developer
- Paralegal Certificate
- Payroll Practice & Management
- Pharmacy Technician
- Project Management
- Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks 2015 (software included)
- Purchasing & Supply Chain Management
- Six Sigma (Green Belt or Black Belt)
- Technical Writing
- Travel Agent Training
- Video Game Design and Development
Classroom Certificate Programs
- Business Emergency Preparedness Planning
- Business of Hospitality Certificate
- Geographic Information Systems Certificate
- Healthcare Information Technology
- Healthcare Information Management
- Human Resource Management
- Meeting & Event Planning
- Operations Resource Management
- Project Management
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification Preparation Course
- Teaching English as a Second Language
- Wedding Planning Professional Certificate
- Wine, Beer, and Spirits Specialist Professional Certificate
What is the Workforce Investment Act (WIOA)?
The Workforce Investment Act (WIOA) is a federally funded training and job program that creates a new approach, providing workforce investment activities through statewide and local systems. Authorized workforce investment activities provided at the local level benefit job seekers, dislocated workers, youth, foster care participants, incumbent workers, new entrants to the workforce, veterans, persons with disabilities, and employers. These activities promote an increase in employment, job retention, earnings, and occupational skill attainment by participants. This outcome improves the quality of the workforce, reduces welfare dependency, and enhances the productivity and competitiveness of the nation.
Who Qualifies for WIOA Funding?
Many people can qualify for WIOA grants. Workforce funding is generally budgeted into Adult, Dislocated Worker, Older Youth and Younger Youth categories. The majority of funding is budgeted toward adult and dislocated workers whose current job skills are out of date or will be soon. Clients seek training to update current skills or learn skills for a new career if his or her current occupation is not in demand.
What is the Approval Process for WIOA Participants?
Prospective WIOA participants must visit a Job center to find out if they are eligible to receive WIOA grant funding. Prospective students who are good candidates for the program will meet with a WIA Counselor who will help guide them through the process.
America’s Job Center of California: www.americasjobcenter.ca.gov
County of Riverside Economic Development Agency: www.rivcoeda.org
Visit Cal Jobs webpage for the latest list of approved programs, and follow the link for Job Seekers.
Questions? Please contact us