If your smoke detector goes off or you see a fire:
- Remain calm and get out.
- If you see smoke under the door, find another way out.
- Feel the door with the back of your hand before you open it. If it is hot, find another way out.
- Drop to the floor to avoid smoke and fumes. Crawl to safety.
- If your clothes catch on fire, STOP where you are, DROP to the ground, and ROLL over and over to smother the flames.
- Call 9-1-1 from a campus phone.
- If you are trapped in a burning building, stay near a window and close to the floor. If possible, signal for help.