Terrorism may involve devastating acts using weapons of mass destruction. These weapons
range from chemical agents, biological hazards, a radiological or nuclear device,
and other explosives. The primary objective of a terrorist is to create widespread
If there is a terrorist Attack:
- Stay calm.
- Be vigilant. Look out for secondary hazards such as falling debris or additional attacks.
- Follow the instructions of emergency service personnel.
If you receive a Bomb Threat:
- Ask the caller the following questions:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb right now?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What does the bomb look like?
- Why did you place the bomb?
- Where are you calling from?
- Record the exact time and length of the call.
- Write down the exact words of the caller.
- Listen carefully to the caller's voice and background noise.
- After you hang up, call 9-1-1 immediately from a hard-wired telephone – do not use
cell phones to report a bomb threat.