Mass transit systems may be vulnerable to both accidents and terrorist incidents. Mass transit customers should be aware and vigilant. Be well informed and know your surroundings.
- Review emergency exit information on the vehicle.
- If you see something, say something! Report all suspicious parcels, bags or containers to the nearest police officer or transit employee. Never touch a suspicious object.
- In the event of an emergency, remain calm and follow the instructions of transit or rescue personnel.
- Only use cell phones if you absolutely must as they could interfere with emergency equipment.
- If you’re instructed to evacuate, take your belongings.
- If you are traveling with others, stay together.