- Office of the Registrar Home
- Mission & Staff Directory
- New Policies Effective Fall 2010
- New Policies Effective Fall 2009
- Administrative Drop
- Repeats and GPA Adjustment Policy
- Withdrawal Policy
- MyCSUSM & Enrollment Verification
- Registration for Special Programs
- Faculty Resources
- Transfer Course Articulation
Course Repeats and GPA Adjustment Policy (undergraduate students only)
Under the new policy, no more than 16 CSUSM units may be repeated for grade forgiveness. Students may repeat a class where a grade of "C-" or below and will be allowed a maximum of two attempts per class to improve the grade. Furthermore, an additional 12 units may be repeated and averaged in the GPA for grade forgiveness.
Students may not re-enroll in a class in which they have earned a grade of "C" or higher. All course repeats may be monitored through MyCSUSM. (coming soon).
Limits on repeated classes do apply to classes taken in matriculated status as well as classes completed via self support, e.g., extended learning or open university.