The mission of EOP is to provide access, retention support services, and lifelong
skill development for historically under-represented, financially disadvantaged and
first generation students that will lead to their bachelor’s degree.
EOP will establish educational equity practices that focus on student persistence,
academic achievement and lifelong development by:
- Creating access and opportunity.
- Developing services that promote student recruitment, outreach, retention and graduation.
- Promoting a community that encourages and supports student wellness, personal accountability
- Building an inclusive environment.
- Respect: We acknowledge the dignity of all individuals. We pledge ourselves to creating and
maintaining an environment that honors diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences
and we do this with compassion and care.
- Accountability: The willingness to take personal responsibility for one’s own actions, to make what
is wrong right, to deliver on our commitments, and further the goals of the individual,
team, program and university.
- Innovation: The use of creative thinking in support of programming and collaborations. Encouraging
risk-taking and experimentation, genuine learning, and creative approaches in identifying
and leveraging ideas.
- Student Centered: EOP ensures its practices are aligned with adapting to the needs of its students,
demonstrating inclusive practices for the diverse population, and being supportive
of educational and personal growth.
- Diversity: Commitment to lead, uphold, educate and practice inclusion, understand differences,
treat people fairly, and promote social well-being by respecting personal perspectives
regardless of identities.
- Integrity: We do the right thing by demonstrating honesty, fairness, and good judgment in all
aspects of our work. We fulfill our commitments to sustain trust by holding ourselves
to high ethical standards.
- Teamwork: Working together towards common goals by supporting each other with compassion, and
open and honest communication.