INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES
In order for the Educational Opportunity Program to re-review an applicant’s application materials a file re-review request must be submitted on the CSUSM EOP website link, and is due within 10 business days from the date applicant is notified (email date) of the EOP decision to be denied to the program.
EOP acceptance decisions are based on each applicant's self-reported academic qualifications, financial documentation and information, and descriptive narratives provided on the EOP Application by the February 15th deadline. All admissions/acceptance decisions are considered final. File re-review are conducted only in cases due to EOP administrative processing errors.
The following circumstances are not considered as valid reasons for a file re-review.
- Missed the application deadline, including the Applicant Information Form and Two Recommendation Forms. It is the applicant’s responsibility to track all application materials on CSU Mentor, and ensure all three documents are submitted prior to the February 15th deadline.
- Was denied to the university due to CSUSM Impaction Criteria.
- Does not meet eligibility guidelines, including the Estimated Family Contribution criteria.
- Did not adhere to all CSUSM admission deadlines.
- Is requesting to add or expand on narrative application content not on the original application submission or after the February 15th deadline.
Requests for file re-reviews will be processed within ten business days of receipt, and applicants will be notified of findings within the same processing period.