- Faculty Affairs Home Page
- Contact Us
- Tenured/Tenure Track Faculty and Librarian Resources
- Lecturer Information
- Forms and Miscellaneous Documents
- Academic Student Employees (Unit 11)
- Unit 11 Job Opportunities
- Hiring of Unit 11 Student Employees
- Sign Out Procedures
- Athletics Department and SSPARs
- Exceptional Level of Service 2015/16
HIRING OF UNIT 11 STUDENT EMPLOYEES
The hiring of Unit 11 employees is governed by provisions of the Unit 11 Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), particularly Article 2.
If you have any questions regarding the hiring of a Unit 11 employee please contact Faculty Affiars.
Posting Job Announcements
Important Facts and requirements for Hiring Departments
- Post all Open Hire Unit 11 positions on Cougar Jobs;
- Ensure each applicant completes an Employment Application;
- Provide written notification to all Unit 11 employees within the first 14 days of his/her appointment period if an evaluation will take place;
- Notify Faculty Affairs as soon as possible, and no later than 15 days prior to an orientation, if your Unit 11 employees will participate in any orientation sessions;
- Follow the hiring procedures to ensure all hiring documents are provided to the designated staff person in the Office of Faculty Affairs, CRA 5205 for placement in the employee's personnel file;
- Refer to Article 6 of the Unit 11 CBA for any guidance regarding disciplining and/or terminating employees.
- Instruct all new Unit 11 employees to take the Academic Student Employee (Unit 11) Information Sheet to Human Resources and complete the on-boarding process prior to their start date.