- Faculty Affairs Home Page
- Contact Us: Faculty Affairs
- Department Assignments
- Tenured/Tenure Track Faculty and Librarian Resources
- Lecturer Information
- Forms and Miscellaneous Documents
- Academic Student Employees (Unit 11)
- Unit 11 Job Opportunities
- Unit 11 - FAQs for Hiring Departments
- Unit 11 Hiring Forms
- Sign Out Procedures
- Athletics Department and SSPARs
Unit 11 Academic Student Employees
FAQs for Hiring Departments
1. Where can I find an overview of the Unit 11 Hiring
CLICK HERE - Unit 11 Hiring Procedures Sheet
2. Which form do I use in order to hire Unit 11
Instructional Student Assistants, Graduate
Assistants or Teaching Associates?
The Academic Transaction Form (ATF)
printed on BLUE paper.
3. What does the Unit 11 Collective Bargaining
Agreement (CBA) require the Hiring Department
to issue each Unit 11 employee?
- Appointment Notification Letter (ANL) or, for TAs only, a Statement of Terms and Conditions of Appointment (STCA)
- Job Description (JD)
4. Where can I find templates for these forms?
Job Descriptions templates can be found on the FORMS
page. The ANL/STCA and ATF are available in the
Unit 11 File Maker Pro Data Bases available through
the Faculty Affairs Office.
5. After gathering the appropriate department and
college approvals on the forms, where do I send
- Send all documents to your designated staff person in the Dean's Office who will forward them to the Office of Faculty Affairs (CRA-5205) to obtain the Interim AVP for Faculty Affairs signature.
6. What else is required of Hiring Departments?
- Post all Open Hire Unit 11 positions on Cougar Jobs;
- Ensure each applicant completes an Application (See FORMS page);
- Provide written notification to all Unit 11 employees within the first 14 days of his/her appointment period
if an employment evaluation will take place;
- Notify the Interim AVP for Faculty Affairs as soon as possible, and no later than 15 days prior to an orientation, if your Unit 11 employees will participate in any orientation sessions;
- Follow the procedures for hiring to ensure all hiring documents are provided to the designated staff person in the Office of Faculty Affairs, CRA 5205 for placement in the employee's personnel file.
7. Does the Unit 11 CBA provide any guidance regarding
disciplining and/or terminating employees?
Yes, please refer to Article 6 of the CBA.
Please direct any other Unit 11 student employment questions to Michelle Hunt, Interim AVP for Faculty Affairs at Ext. 8820 or firstname.lastname@example.org