ACCT 308 - Accounting Information Systems
California State University San Marcos's Accounting Department seeks part-time lecturer to teach Accounting Information Systems in Fall 2013. The course meets on Monday and Wednesday from 1:00 - 3:20 p.m. The candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Professional experience in the accounting field with enterprise resource planning accounting information systems and other database software systems.
- Extensive knowledge and application in spreadsheet software applications.
- Strong knowledge, training and leadership experience in the design and administation of manual and computerized accounting information systems.
- Candidates should have experience with other current technologies used in the accounting field.
- Experience training and supervising employees in accounting information systems.
- Computer proficiency sufficient to operate within an online course management system. (The instructor will be expected to teach the course using an online course management system including provision of instructional resources and grading of assignments).
Minimum requirements for the position include: A professional certification in the field of accounting.
Preferred requirements for this position include: A Masters in Accounting/Master in Business Administration or higher, and experience teaching accounting information systems. Candidates not possessing a Masters in Accounting/Masters in Business Administartion must possess recent (or current) extensive technical and leadership experience in accounting information systems.
Timeline: A review of applications will begin on July 29, 2013, however, the position will remain open until filled.
The university is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
CSUSM has been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPISI) and was recently named one of the top 32 Colleges most friendly to junior faculty by the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education. Visit www.csusm.edu/facultyopportunities for more information.
California State University San Marcos, an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, is strongly committed to equity and diversity and seeks a broad spectrum of candidates in terms of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, and disability or veteran status.
Successful hires must have degree information verified through official transcripts or degree-verification services.
An offer of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Should the results of a background check not be successful, any offer will be withdrawn and/or employment terminated. Falsification of information may also be cause for termination of employment, corrective action, or rejection. The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon execution of an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status and Legal Duty to Report Child Abuse and Neglect form. Signing the form is a prerequisite to employment and failure to sign will result in any offer of employment being withdrawn.