Embedded Systems and/or Networks
California State University San Marcos invites applications for a tenure-track position at the level of Assistant Professor in the Computer Science and Information Systems department starting Fall 2014.
Minimum requirements for the position include: An earned Ph.D. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is required by the date of appointment, with recent training in embedded systems and/or networks. Background to teach a broad range of undergraduate and graduate courses as well as general education courses for non-majors. Ability to supervise and mentor graduate students with their projects and thesis. Strong research potential and a commitment to high quality advising and teaching
Preferred requirements for the position include: Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated intercultural competence with diverse groups in teaching, research and/or service.
- Develop and teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the area of his/her expertise such as Embedded Systems, Computer Networks, Network Security, Operating Systems and contribute to general education.
- Supervise graduate (M.S) students with their projects and thesis.
- Develop an active, externally funded research program in computer science that involves undergraduate and graduate students and publish in conference proceedings and journals.
- Participate in activities serving the department, college, university and community.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of research and teaching interests and statement of teaching philosophy
- Three letters of recommendation
- Faculty Application
Submit any inquiries to:
Please put your “name” and “CS Position” in the subject line. For file attachments use PDF. Candidates must ensure that three letters of recommendation are sent to the same e-mail address (scanned letter in PDF format) or mailed to:
Chair, Search Committee
Computer Science and Information Systems Department
California State University, San Marcos
San Marcos, California 92078
A review of application will begin on December 1, 2013 and continue until the position is filled.
The university is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
CSUSM has been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPISI) and was recently named one of the top 32 Colleges most friendly to junior faculty by the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education. Visit www.csusm.edu/facultyopportunities for more information.
California State University San Marcos, an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, is strongly committed to equity and diversity and seeks a broad spectrum of candidates in terms of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability and veteran status.