Part-time Faculty Positions (Lecturers)
CSUSM accepts applications on an on-going basis for our pool of part-time lecturers. Minimum qualifications for most positions include a Master’s degree in the area of instruction or a closely related field. Salary is commensurate with credential and experience.
Your materials will be kept in our candidate database for up to one year. Please be aware that applicant pools will be purged on May 1st of each year. You will need to reapply after that date if you want to be considered for the following academic year.
The university is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
To apply, please submit:
- A faculty application
- Current vita (resume)
- List of the courses you are interested in teaching (refer to the University Catalog)
- Names and telephone numbers of three professional references
- Documentation of teaching effectiveness and sample course syllabi are strongly encouraged when available
Successful hires must have degree information verified through official transcripts or degree-verification services.
- College of Business Administration
- College of Education, Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities, Arts, and Behavioral and Social Sciences
- College of Science and Mathematics