What is the Cal Grant Award and how do I Apply?
- The Cal Grant Program helps to make college affordable for middle and low income Californians.
- The Cal Grant Program is funded by the State of California and administered by the
California Student Aid Commission (CSAC). This program is only available to California
residents. If you are a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen,
you should file the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March
2 of each year at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. For the definition of eligible non-citizen see the description of "Citizenship Status"
in the California Dream Act application instructions.
- If you are not a citizen, but attended a California high school for at least three
years or graduated early from a California high school with the equivalent of at least
three years of credits and attended three years of elementary and secondary school,
graduated from a California high school or the equivalent, and are or will be attending
an accredited California college or university, you should file the California Dream
Act Application at https://dream.csac.ca.gov/
How Much Cal Grant Can I Get?
- This link explains how much money you could be eligible for based on your family’s
income and assets as reported on your FAFSA, and the number of units you are enrolled
in each semester.
Understanding My Cal Grant Fact Sheet
Why Wasn’t I Awarded A Cal Grant?
- If you completed all the necessary requirements, but were denied a FAFSA, you can
go to this link to see some of the reasons you did not qualify for a Cal Grant award.
Disqualification Fact Sheet
- It is important to create an account at WebGrants4Students. At this site you will find resources, information and tools to assist you as you
apply for financial aid. This account will also allow you to manage your Cal Grant
account online by letting you view updates, make school changes, make address changes,
make corrections, and submit leave of absence requests. If you have additional questions,
please visit Cal Grant FAQs page provided by the CSAC.