Cal Grants

There are several types of Cal Grant awards. Chances are, there's one that's just perfect for you. Each of the Cal Grants listed below are for students pursuing an undergraduate associate's or bachelor's degree or an occupational training program.

If you are a high school senior, a recent high school graduate or you just got your GED, and you meet all the requirements and you apply by the deadline, you are guaranteed to receive a Cal Grant Entitlement award.

Cal Grant A, B, C and Cal Grant A and B Competitive Awards:  Cal Grants are free financial assistance for college you don't have to pay back. If you're a graduating high school senior or recent graduate, meet academic, financial and eligibility requirements and submit two forms, the FAFSA and the GPA Verification, by March 2, you may receive a Cal Grant Entitlement award which may be used for tuition and fees at public and private colleges as well as some private career colleges.

The California Student Aid Commission Web Grants for Students has created this web sites just for you, the student. The goal is to provide you with the tools you need to establish and manage your Cal Grant and/or Chafee Grant.

How To Apply

*New Cal Grant Apllicants ONLY

Starting January 1
Submit your GPA
Verification Form

Priority Filing Period:
January 1 - March 2

GPA Verification Form

*All Students

Starting January 1
complete your FAFSA

Priority Filing Period:
January 1 - March 2

FAFSA Application
Apply Online Now