Cal State San Marcos
"Fast Forward" Program
A Summer Program for Newly Admitted First-Year Students,
Start College Early and Earn Credits Towards Your Degree
June 30 - August 8, 2014
- Are you graduating from high school this Spring and planning to attend CSU San Marcos in the fall?
- Have you met the CSU ELM and EPT requirement? (i.e. are you exempt from the Entry Level Mathematics (ELM) and English Placement Test (EPT) or have you passed the ELM and EPT)*
- Would you like to start college this summer?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, the new "Fast Forward" program is the perfect way to jump start your success at CSU San Marcos.
*IF you have NOT met the Entry Level Mathematics (ELM) and English Placement Test (EPT) requirements, then you are required to participate in Early Start. Please contact Proficiency Services at 760-750-6060 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information on enrolling in the Early Start Program.
FAST FORWARD BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Completion of two 3-unit courses that count for lower-division general education credit (i.e. with Fast Forward you complete a total of 6-units towards your degree).
- An introduction to the academic department in your major
- An introduction to campus life and resources
- Academic planning and opportunity to evaluate career options
- Development of college-level academic and life skills that will allow you to maximize your first year at CSU San Marcos
- Development of a supportive network of faculty and fellow first-year students
FAST FORWARD DATES & DAILY SCHEDULE
Fast Forward begins on Monday, June 30th and ends Thursday, August 7th, with closing activities scheduled on Friday, August 8th. The daily schedule is Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and will include a variety of out-of-class activities designed to familiarize students with campus resources, academic departments, and the Cal State San Marcos Community*. The program is designed for students who live close to campus and are able to commute (on-campus housing is not available).
*Hold the Date: Orientation for Fast Forward Students will be Friday, July 18, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Further details will be provided later this Spring).