- Early Start
- Your First Year at CSUSM
- Stage 1: Admission through Enrollment at Orientation
- Visit Campus
- Submit Intent to Enroll
- Pay for CSUSM
- ELM & EPT Requirement
- Submit Official Documents
- Find Housing
- Attend Orientation
- Stage 2: Enrollment through First Day of School
- Stage 3: First Day of School through End of First Year
A first time freshman applicant is a prospective student who has never attended a college or university after the summer following high school graduation. First-time freshman applicants will be eligible for regular admission if they meet the following criteria:
- Are or will be a high school graduate or complete a GED.
- Meet the CSU admissions eligibility index based upon GPA in college preparatory classes and scores from the ACT or SAT Reasoning exam.
- Have completed required courses with grades of “C” or higher in the “A-G” college preparatory subjects by the end of spring 2013.
For fall admission, all requirements and high school graduation must be completed by the end of the preceding spring term; courses completed in summer 2013 will not be considered in the admissions evaluation. In addition, some impacted academic programs may utilize additional selection criteria from the application for admission.
March 2nd - Deadline for submission of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
May 1st - Deadline to submit Intent to Enroll and Enrollment Deposit
July 15th - Deadline to submit final high school transcripts with all grades/graduation posted. This deadline will be strictly enforced.