What is the Student Philanthropy Council?
Formerly known at CSUSM as the Senior Class Gift Campaign, the Student Philanthropy Council is a student committee dedicated to growing the culture of giving on campus and raising money for the Student Philanthropy Fund. Colleges and Universities across the country have long histories of students giving back to the campus they love prior to graduating. Now it is your time to make a difference for the Cougars of today and tomorrow. By making a Student Philanthropy Fund gift of ANY size, you WILL make an impact. Funds are designated to the Endowed Student Scholarship this committee established two years ago, which impacts current CSUSM students in need of scholarship support. Read about the committee who started it all three years ago on page 34 of Steps Magazine.
Results Last Year
We reached AND exceeded our goal during the 2013-14 academic year. THANK YOU! The endowed student scholarship grew by $11,734 thanks to last year's effort. A special thanks to the 208 donors who contributed. Thank you for leaving your mark at CSUSM.
Why should I give?
- Student Philanthropy Fund gifts will create more scholarships for CSUSM students.
- An anonymous donor has challenged us to raise $5,000, which will be matched dollar for dollar, doubling the impact of your gift.
- To be listed in the Commencement Program (and on this website) as a donor to the Student Philanthropy Fund!
- Others gave before you, the reason many programs, scholarships, and other opportunities at CSUSM exist.
- 73% of CSUSM students each year receive financial aid to support their education. You WILL make a difference for the Cougars of today and tomorrow.
- To create an environment of giving back.
- To help boost CSUSM's national rankings and value of your degree. Senior giving counts toward alumni giving, which is considered when schools are ranked.
How much should I give?
We suggest a gift of $20.15 in honor of the Class of 2015. Many give more. Some give less. But it's your choice! EVERY gift, no matter the size, makes an impact.
How do I give?
- Give online today. Choose "Student Philanthropy Fund" from the drop down menu.
- Stop by the University Advancement office in Craven Hall 5308-B.
Contact a committee member!
Katie Boggs (Chair and CSUSM Foundation Board Student Representative)
Sean Briner (Advisor)
Associate Director for Development and Annual Giving
firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-750-4404
Haley Perko (ASI President)