Thank CSUSM Day a Success!
The Senior Class Gift Campaign (SCGC) student committee hosted "Thank CSUSM Day" during Homecoming Week's CougarFest. Students, faculty, and staff stopped by our canopy -- 51 thank you cards were written to impactful CSUSM faculty or staff (our committee hand-delivered the cards), more than 150 signed the "Thank CSUSM Day" banner, and 7 people decided to support the 2014 SCGC by making a gift. Thanks for Leaving YOUR Mark!
What is the Senior Class Gift Campaign?
Colleges and Universities across the country have long histories of students giving back to the campus they love prior to graduating. Now it is your time to make a difference for the Cougars of today and tomorrow. By making a Senior Class Gift of ANY size, you WILL make a significant difference in the quality of programs, the lives of students, and the atmosphere on campus! For example, the 2012 Senior Class Gift Campaign was a success with more gifts made (106) than the first three years of the campaign COMBINED (102)! Read about the campaign on page 34 of Steps Magazine.
2012-13 Goal reached and exceeded!
We reached AND exceeded our goal during the 2012-13 academic year. THANK YOU! The Senior Class Gift Campaign raised $11,609 to create new CSUSM student scholarships. Because we raised more than $10,000 this student scholarship will be endowed, meaning a forever scholarship! A special thanks to the 277 donors who contributed, shattering last year's record 106 donors. Thank you for leaving your mark at CSUSM.
Our Goal and How YOU Can Help
Senior Class Gift Campaign funds raised this year will help us grow the Senior Class Gift Campaign ENDOWED Student Scholarship created last year. An anonymous donor will match what we raise dollar for dollar up to $5,000. By reaching that amount, the donor match will result in $10,000. Help us impact Cougar students every year by making a Senior Class Gift! EVERY gift, regardless of its size, helps us reach that goal and makes an impact.
If you are a current CSUSM student and would like to learn more about serving on this year's SCGC committee, please email Sean Briner in University Advancement at email@example.com.
Why should I give?
- Senior Class Gift Campaign funds raised this year will create more scholarships for CSUSM students.
- An anonymous donor has challenged us to raise $5,000, which will be matched dollar for dollar.
- To be listed in the Commencement Program (and on this website) as a donor to the Senior Class Gift Campaign!
- Others gave before you, the reason many buildings, programs, scholarships, and other opportunities at CSUSM exist.
- 67% of CSUSM students each year receive financial aid to support their education. You WILL make a difference for the Cougars of today and tomorrow.
- To create an environment of giving back.
- To help boost CSUSM's national rankings and value of your degree. Senior giving counts toward alumni giving, which is considered when schools are ranked.
How much should I give?
We suggest a gift of $20.14 in honor of the Class of 2014, but it's your choice! EVERY gift, no matter the size, will make an impact.
How do I give?
- Give online today. Choose "Senior Class Gift" from the drop down menu.
- Complete the Senior Class Gift form.
- Stop by the University Advancement office in Craven Hall 5308-B.
Contact a committee member!
Katie Boggs (Chair and CSUSM Foundation Board Student Representative)
Sean Briner (Advisor)
Associate Director for Development and Annual Giving
firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-750-4404
CSUSM thanks the following donors for supporting the 2013-14 Senior Class Gift Campaign!
- Andrea Batista
- Katie Boggs
- Sean Briner
- Alex Caratti
- Donna Day
- Kristen Grassi
- Spencer Joseph
- Leroy Noriega
- Dmitri Ranieri
- Greg and Arlene Toya
- Matthew Walsh
Past Senior Class Gift Campaign Honor Roll of Donors