Housing Options

For new students coming to the U.S.:

All students coming to CSU San Marcos from outside the U.S. are required to live in on-campus housing for their first year of study. The only exceptions are:

  • If you are entering as a Master's level (graduate) student.
  • If your family would prefer that you live in American homestay.
  • If you have a family member near San Marcos who will provide room and board for you.

On Campus Housing

There are two options for on-campus housing:

University Village Apartments: offers 9 or 12 month lease. 

The Quad: only offers 12 month lease.  If you choose to live in The Quad, you must pay for the summer months, even if you will be traveling.


To apply for American homestay, please fill out an application with Homestay Services International.

Please contact Jenny Cole if you have any questions about homestay:

Phone: (760) 740-9244
E-mail: jennycole3@cox.net

Off Campus Housing

For Continuing or Transfer Students:

If you wish to find housing off-campus, please see Student Life and Leadership's Off-Campus Housing database.