- Global Education
- Undergraduate International Admissions
- Graduate International Admissions
- Prospective Applicants
- International Students
- Pre-Arrival Information
- Visa Regulations
- Exchange Students
- Health Services
- Medical Insurance
- Request for Verification Letter
- Financial Aid
- International Friendship Program
- American Language and Culture Institute
- Study Abroad
- Faculty and Departments
- Global Partners
- Agents and Prospective Exchange Partners
- Travel Resources
- Calendar of Events
For new students coming to the U.S.:
All students coming to CSU San Marcos from outside the U.S. are required to live in on-campus housing for their first year of study. The only exceptions are:
- If you are entering as a Master's level (graduate) student.
- If your family would prefer that you live in American homestay.
- If you have a family member near San Marcos who will provide room and board for you.
On Campus Housing
There are two options for on-campus housing:
University Village Apartments: offers 9 or 12 month lease.
The Quad: only offers 12 month lease. If you choose to live in The Quad, you must pay for the summer months, even if you will be traveling.
To apply for American homestay, please fill out an application with Homestay Services International.
Please contact Jenny Cole if you have any questions about homestay:
Phone: (760) 740-9244
Off Campus Housing
For Continuing or Transfer Students:
If you wish to find housing off-campus, please see Student Life and Leadership's Off-Campus Housing database.