EDHEC Business School
EDHEC Business School was founded in 1906 with the inspiration of encouraging diversity.
There are two main campuses (Nice and Lille), and three executive campuses (Paris,
London, and Singapore). Ranked as one of the top five undergraduate business programs
in France, EDHEC has over 5,500 students enrolled in their highly competitive business
degrees. EDHEC offers an excellent faculty of academics and practitioners, professional
and personalized support from the Career Center, and an important network of companies
EDHEC Business School gives international students opportunities to get to know native
students through their student associations. Courses for visiting students are limited but offered in English, with an option
for studying French language. This program would be ideal for third year business
students who are just beginning their foundation courses or upper-division electives.
Students have a choice between two locations for their studies: Nice and Lille.
Nice is best known as a stunning resort city on the banks of the French Riviera.
Its Mediterranean lifestyle makes it an attractive tourist destination. The EDHEC
Nice campus is located near the Nice airport, just a few miles to the beach and around
twenty minutes by bus to the main downtown area. There are numerous housing and food
options in this more commercial, residential district. Southern France will offer
a wealth of year-round activities for visiting students.
With its rich medieval history and heavy Flemish influence, Lille is an enchanting
town offering tourists a wide variety of architectural gems, parks, and historical
landmarks. Located in northern France along the border to Belgium, students will
enjoy the well-connected public transport systems of buses, trams and metro to tour
surrounding parts of France and continental Europe. Paris is a little over two hours
away by train.
- Free French language courses to visiting students are available at both campuses.
Language exchanges with French students is also highly recommended.
- Modern, campus facilities and an International Office staff to get you connected.
Fall Semester: Early September to Late December
Spring Semester: Early January to Late May
Academic Year: Early September to Late May
- This program is an intensive Business Management program only available for students
currently in Business standing.
- Fall semester business courses: Required courses: Operations Management: Purchasing
and Supply Chain; Leadership; Corporate Communication; International Business Development
Strategies; Contemporary French and Society. Optional courses subject to enrollment:
International Marketing; Principles of Corporate Finance--Cash Flow Management; Entrepreneurship.
- Spring semester business courses: European Economic and Governance Issues; Operations
Management: IT and Logistics; Corporate Social Responsibility (Lille campus only);
Sustainability (Nice campus only); Contemporary French Business and Society; and Cross
Cultural Management. Optional courses subject to enrollment: Principles of Corporate
Finance -Long Term Financial Management; European Business Law; Luxury Industry.
Language of Instruction
- Class Level: Upper-division status (completion of 60 units)
- GPA of 2.75 or above and good academic standing to departure.
- Prerequisites: Some courses will require previous course work. All Business majors
should already have completed their Pre-Core course work at CSUSM before enrolling
at EDHEC Business School.
15-18 semester units/30 ECT units (European Credit Transfer system). Typically this
will be between 5-6 classes/semester. The European Credit Transfer system is calculated
in a 2:1 ratio. For example, a 6 ECT unit class will count as 3 CSU semester units.
There are optional language and electives available as well.
Students may apply for a studio flat in the Van Gogh Hall of Residence, however these
rooms are typically rented on a year lease so time-sharing will need to be arranged
for one semester students. Currently rent runs 410 Euros/month, roughly $531. Please
visit the Housing and Lodging homepage for additional information. Off-campus accommodation is available on http://www.gilettaimmobilier.com/ (click on photo for English version) and http://www.nicepebbles.com/ or you can see ads for private flats and residences on EDHEC blackboard.
On campus accommodation is offered to nominated students at the ESPEME/EDHEC residence.
There are 2 options:
- Kots: apartments shared by 8 students with private bedroom and bathroom for each student.
Rent is 420 Euros/month, roughly $544.
- Private studios: individual apartments with private bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette.
Rent is 470 Euros/month, roughly $609.
Students seeking off-campus accommodation should plan on arriving at least two weeks
prior to their program start date.
- Students pay their normal State University Fee to CSU San Marcos, currently $3,851/semester.
No tuition or fees due at EDHEC.
- On-campus residence: On average, $530-609/month for a private room, shared bath,
and no meal plan. Off campus housing varies based on location and type.
- Health Insurance: Supplemental Wells Fargo Study Abroad Health Insurance is $47/month.
- Cost of meals and personal expenses will vary, but average $500 per month.
- Campus France Visa: $132
- Sample Budget 2017-18
For Fall Semester Study: March 15
For Spring Semester Study: October 1
How to Apply
- Visit the at EDHEC Business School website at www.edhec.com to learn about the university. For life in and around Nice and Lille, visit a good
tourism site such as www.francetourism.com/practicalinfo/regions.htm
- Meet with the Study Abroad Advisor in Craven 3200 to determine if you are eligible
for this program.
- Ask an advisor if EDHEC will count towards your minor. If so, complete a Study Abroad Credit Approval Form. This form MUST be submitted to Global Education before departure.
- Order an official transcript from CSUSM and any other college from which you have taken a semester or more in classes (even if you have already transferred credit to CSUSM). Please pick your transcripts up in person and deliver them to Craven 3200. Keep in mind that transcripts are now taking 7-10 business days to process. Plan
- Read about student housing for your campus. Consult the Housing page for your particular options and sign up
- Complete the EDHEC application and submit it to the Study Abroad Advisor in Craven
3200 along with all other application materials.
- Submit additional application details to Global Education here: CSUSM General Study Abroad Application
- Submit your flight details to Global Education here: Flight Information Form
- Attend the pre-departure orientation and consult with the Study Abroad Advisor as
necessary regarding the Student Visa process after EDHEC acceptance.