- Identify elements of solution-focused behavior in the division that inform the positive
response to the statement: "People in my department are focused on solutions rather than blame," and create very intentional systems, activities, or mechanisms to reinforce this
behavior across the division.
- Identify ways to regularly introduce the CE team to innovative and high quality teaching,
such as showcasing their signature programs and high impact practices.
- Identify strategies to better inform the CE team of the ways in which milestones and
accomplishments are currently celebrated, and ensure their involvement in these celebrations.
February 2017 Update:
- CE continues to develop an organizational system for historical files and standard
operating procedures. Development and refinement discussions provide the means by
which we stay solution focused.
- We recognize innovative and high quality performnce and progress toward annual goals
as well as CE strategic goals. This intent is captured in our annual goal setting
process and progress monitoring.
- CE has restructured staff meeting agendas to incorporate recognition of milestones
and celebrate significant accomplishments.
November 2015 Update:
- Built upon the strength of solution focus by involving all staff in strategic planning
efforts, learning about communication styles, and intentionally carving out time during
staff meetings for group problem-solving
- Showcase innovative and high quality teaching through "deep dives" of high-impact
teaching practices during staff meetings, annual retreats, and targeted professional
- Identify milestones on a monthly basis and encourage division participation.