- Graduate Studies & Research Home
- Graduate Studies
- CSU Scholarships
- Student Research
- Faculty Research
- Pre-Award Grant Support
- Intellectual Property
- IRB Human Subject Protection
- Policy & Guidelines
- IRB Protocols and Submission Instructions
- CITI and Training Resources
- Informed Consent
- Contacts & Committee
IRB Training and Resources
All researchers must complete training on Human Subjects Protection at least every three years. Students may participate in the IRB Workshop or complete the CITI online training to fulfill this requirement. Faculty must complete the CITI online training. A copy of the completion certification must be submitted with your IRB application.
The Graduate Student Workshop is held once a semester
- Certification of training on Human Subjects Protection is required with all Expedited or Full review applications.
- Students may attend the IRB workshop or complete the CITI on-line training.
- Faculty must complete the CITI training. Completion satisfies the training requirement for three years.
Watch it! CSUSM Video Training Modules!
- CSUSM Video Training on Introduction to IRB Review
- CSUSM Video Training on Expedited or Full Review Applications
- CSUSM Video Training on Request for Exemption Form
- CSUSM Video Training on Informed Consent
Looking for More? Here are supplementary training resources
- Consent Form Instructions
- Consent Form Training Link (University of Minnesota)
- IRB Training Module (San Diego State University)
- Office of Research Integrity Interactive Movie on Research Misconduct
- NIH Training Modules
References - Go to the Source!
- CSUSM Policy and Guidelines
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Office for Human Research Protections
- Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) IRB Guidebook
- The Belmont Report
- OHRP International Regulations and Guidelines
- APA code of Ethics
- Oral Histories Information (Historical Society Reference)
- Transgender Issues:
- HIPAA Rules and Guidelines
- PhotoVoice Method of Research
California Mandatory Reporting Requirements