- Office Hours
- History Department Directory
- Faculty Information Page
- Department News
- Events Calendar
- Alumnus of the Year
- History Degree Requirements
- Master of Arts
- Admission Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Graduate Resources
- Digital History Projects
- Contact Information
Deadline for Spring 2016 admissions: August 31 for CSU Mentor application and September 30 for department application and all other materials (letters of recommendation, statement of research interest, etc.)
Deadline for Fall 2016 admissions: February 1 for early consideration but the department will continue to accept applications until March 18.
Application for admission to the Master of Arts Degree in History requires the following:
1. A completed application for admission to the Graduate Studies for the University. Please follow the instructions on the Graduate Studies Admissions web page and fill out and submit the university admissions form which is available at: http://www.csumentor.edu/.
2. To be considered for admission to the Master of Arts in History Degree, email your completed application to the History Department at email@example.com, or send it by mail, addressed to the department c/o Administrative Coordinator, Department of History, California State University, San Marcos, California, 92096. Please carefully follow the instructions on the form which also has a comprehensive check list of all required materials. It may be downloaded from: History Department MA Application Form.
3. The departmental application requires three letters of recommendation and that all applicants fill out and provide their references with letter of recommendation waiver forms. This permits applicants to choose whether or not they will waive access to their recommendation letters and gives references guidelines for their letters. The form may be downloaded from: Letter of Recommendation Waiver Form.
4. CSUSM students and alumni only have to request transcripts from non-CSUSM schools attended. The department has access to CSUSM transcripts. However all applicants, including CSUSM students and alumni must supply letters of recommendation.