We are looking forward to helping you create your new home at the University Village Apartments (UVA) or The QUAD! As you make your choice on where to create your new home, we wanted to invite you to live in one of our residential communities.
Residential Learning Communities
Open to first time fresman only
While living in Residential Learning Communities (RLC), you live amongst the students in some of your classes (6-9 units), have an exclusive orientation with other RLC students, and participate in unique and personalized activities.
If interested in taking advantage of one of these communities, please apply below:
San Marcos Experience is focused on leadership development and community and civic engagement.
Health and Wellness Experience is focused on enhancing the educational opportunities for students interested in the health and wellness fields.
Benefits of participating in an RLC include:
- Registration for 6-9 units reserved for SME/HWE students
- SME/HWE courses count for General Education credit
- Exclusive overnight orientation for SME/HWE students
- Leadership and involvement experiences all year long
- Shared classes and living neighborhoods with fellow RLC students
- Must be provisionally admitted to CSUSM for the 2016-2017 year
- Pay Admission’s enrollment deposit
- Apply to live in University Housing (UVA or The QUAD)
- Select one of the RLCs listed above when you apply for Housing
- Not enrolled in another specialty program (EOP, CAMP, TRIO/SSS, Summer Early Start Courses ESM 111/ESW 120, or Athletics)
Themed Housing Communities
Open to all residents
Our themed housing communities will offer individualized support and deeper community building opportunities through programming.
- LGBTQA Housing
- Academic Intensive Housing
- Gender Inclusive Housing
If interested in taking advantage of these communities, please apply to CSUSM Theme Housing.
All of these options are also located on your housing application at both the UVA and The QUAD. If you have any questions or would like more clarification, please contact Allie Serrano, Resident Director, at email@example.com
With best regards,
CSUSM Housing and Residential Education Staff