Residential Learning Communities
Residential Learning Communities (RLC's) offer traditional first year students a comprehensive living/learning experience in the University Village Apartments (UVA) and The QUAD. Students in RLC's live and take courses with their fellow students in addition to having access to specialized co-curricular programs and opportunities. We are happy to offer two RLC's for the upcoming academic year: San Marcos Experience (SME) and Health and Wellness Experience (HWE).
There are countless benefits associated with involvement in one of our RLC's:
- Registration in 3 courses (9 units) during the first semester. The 3 courses that students are enrolled in fulfill lower division general education requirements.
- Attend a specialized 2-day Orientation program just for students (and their families) in our RLC's.
- B Building, Floors 2 & 3 of University Village Apartments (UVA), and the Fourth Floor of the North Building at The QUAD will be dedicated to these programs.
- Co-curricular programming and opportunities planned throughout the academic year.
- Gain leadership experience and a chance to become an engaged member of the CSUSM community.
- Create long lasting relationships with fellow RLC students and your RLC faculty (professors teaching the 3 courses students take together).
- Join a long line of RLC alumni!
Interested students must fill out an application online by April 1st.
San Marcos Experience Application:
Health and Wellness Experience: