- New Folder
- Human Resources
- HR Teams
- FAS Division
- Conflict of Interest
- Employee Relations
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Employment Opportunities at CSUSM
- Employment & Recruitment Process
- Human Resources Information System
- Absence Management
- Absence Management FAQ
- Absence Leave Definitions
- Work Schedules
- Employee Self-Service
- Student Self-Service
- MPP Self-Service
- Self Service FAQs
- HR Forms
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Performance Management
- Policies and Procedures
- Training & Professional Development
- Whistleblower Protection
- HR Staff Directory
- HR Teams
Absence Management Self Service
Absence Management is the CSU’s new leave reporting and absence management system. Effective January 2013, it will replace Time and Labor as the campus’ primary method for reporting and tracking absences. Absence Management is a more cost-effective and efficient system which will save our campus thousands of dollars annually. It also brings many exciting improvements including the following features for end-users:
- 24/7 real-time access with up-to-date leave balances and leave usage information.
- Personalized, user friendly self-service reporting and approval pages that are simple to learn and use.
- Instant leave time validation which ensures employees’ time is submitted accurately.
- Employee schedules are managed electronically and related plus/minus calculations are automated, reducing or eliminating the need for managers to send monthly plus/minus reports to Payroll Services.
- Managers can easily review employee leave time taken and available leave balances
*NOTE: Faculty may choose to participate and enter absences into Self-Service.
Below are several resources employees can use to learn the Absence Management system:
- User Guides
Staff & MPPs
- CSU Delivered Video Training
The Absence Management training videos were provided to campuses by the CSU's Systemwide HR in partnership with Common Management Systems Group (CMS). Although these videos are not campus specific, they are a great source of information on Absence Self-Service and provide a step-by-step walk through each of the areas listed below. We suggest that all employees start with the short Absence Management Self-Service Overview video.
For more information on submitting new work schedules and changes to current work schedule please visit the Work Schedules page for more information