- New Folder
- Human Resources
- HR Teams
- FAS Division
- Conflict of Interest
- Employee Relations
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Employment Opportunities at CSUSM
- Employment & Recruitment Process
- Human Resources Information System
- Absence Management
- Absence Management FAQ
- Absence Leave Definitions
- Work Schedules
- Employee Self-Service
- Student Self-Service
- MPP Self-Service
- Self Service FAQs
- HR Forms
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Performance Management
- Policies and Procedures
- Training & Professional Development
- Whistleblower Protection
- HR Staff Directory
Human Resources Information System
The Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) group is responsible for providing the campus community with PeopleSoft Human Resources systems support in the following areas:
Application Module Support and Maintenance:
- Time & Labor – Reporting changes, enrollment, access and general support
- Position Management – Create and maintain positions and funding updates
- Candidate Gateway (Recruiting Solutions) – Support for job applicants, both internal and external
- Enterprise Learning – Manages entries on the HR Training Calendar and manages self-service enrollments.
- Benefits Administration – Supports benefits related processes and interfaces, troubleshoots enrollment issues.
- Employee and Manager Self-Service – Provides support to all HR related self-service functions.
Troubleshooting and Support:
- Responds to HR related help desk tickets
- Troubleshooting systems related error messages
- Maintaining the integrity of data held within the Human Resources System
System Support and Maintenance:
- Acts as a liaison between Human Resources and Equal Opportunity and IITS, supporting integration between PeopleSoft HR, Student Administration, Finance and other third party systems.
- Maintains non-employee profiles and information for use by other campus systems.
- Provides functional and technical support for monthly CSU/CMS delivered system updates and enhancements.
- Updates and maintains setup tables as required to support current business processes.
- Participates in and/or leads projects related to system upgrades or data updates.
System Analysis and Design:
- Business Process Analysis – Defines existing business requirements and identifies areas for improvement
- Business Process Redesign – Based on analysis, redesigns business processes to utilize the Human Resources system more efficiently and improve and/or enhance existing campus processes.
Implementations and Testing:
- Actively participates in the design, implementation, and testing of new PeopleSoft application modules and version releases.
- Creates all necessary End User documentation for new and updated functionality.
- Trains end users as needed.
PeopleSoft HR Application Security:
- Defines and approves security roles to PeopleSoft Human Resources.
- Configures Time & Labor related approval groups and defines data access.
- Troubleshoots system log-on and other system access issues.
- Responds to Requests for Information from the public and the campus community.
- Responsible for defining and creating new reports/queries.