- Employment Opportunities at CSUSM
- Human Resources
- HR Staff Directory
- FAS Division
- HR Teams
- Employment & Recruitment Process
- Labor & Employee Relations
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Conflict of Interest
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Performance Management
- Whistleblower Protection
- Human Resources Information System
- Absence Management
- Absence Management FAQ
- Absence Leave Definitions
- Work Schedules
- Employee Self-Service
- Student Self-Service
- MPP Self-Service
- Self Service FAQs
- HR Forms
- Policies and Procedures
- Training & Professional Development
- Summer 9/80 Alternate Work Schedule
Human Resources Information System
The Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) group is responsible for providing the campus community with PeopleSoft Human Resources systems support in the following areas:
Application Module Support and Maintenance:
- Time & Labor – Reporting changes, enrollment, access and general support
- Position Management – Create and maintain positions and funding updates
- Candidate Gateway (Recruiting Solutions) – Support for job applicants, both internal and external
- Enterprise Learning – Manages entries on the HR Training Calendar and manages self-service enrollments.
- Benefits Administration – Supports benefits related processes and interfaces, troubleshoots enrollment issues.
- Employee and Manager Self-Service – Provides support to all HR related self-service functions.
Troubleshooting and Support:
- Responds to HR related help desk tickets
- Troubleshooting systems related error messages
- Maintaining the integrity of data held within the Human Resources System
System Support and Maintenance:
- Acts as a liaison between Human Resources and Equal Opportunity and IITS, supporting integration between PeopleSoft HR, Student Administration, Finance and other third party systems.
- Maintains non-employee profiles and information for use by other campus systems.
- Provides functional and technical support for monthly CSU/CMS delivered system updates and enhancements.
- Updates and maintains setup tables as required to support current business processes.
- Participates in and/or leads projects related to system upgrades or data updates.
System Analysis and Design:
- Business Process Analysis – Defines existing business requirements and identifies areas for improvement
- Business Process Redesign – Based on analysis, redesigns business processes to utilize the Human Resources system more efficiently and improve and/or enhance existing campus processes.
Implementations and Testing:
- Actively participates in the design, implementation, and testing of new PeopleSoft application modules and version releases.
- Creates all necessary End User documentation for new and updated functionality.
- Trains end users as needed.
PeopleSoft HR Application Security:
- Defines and approves security roles to PeopleSoft Human Resources.
- Configures Time & Labor related approval groups and defines data access.
- Troubleshoots system log-on and other system access issues.
- Responds to Requests for Information from the public and the campus community.
- Responsible for defining and creating new reports/queries.