- New CSU Background Check Policy
- Employment Opportunities at CSUSM
- Human Resources
- HR Staff Directory
- FAS Division
- HR Teams
- Employment & Recruitment Process
- Labor & Employee Relations
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Conflict of Interest
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Performance Management
- Whistleblower Protection
- Human Resources Information System
- Absence Management
- Absence Management FAQ
- Absence Leave Definitions
- Work Schedules
- Employee Self-Service
- Student Self-Service
- MPP Self-Service
- Self Service FAQs
- HR Forms
- Policies and Procedures
- Training & Professional Development
Employee Self-Service (ESS) is a web-based service that provides employees with information related to their employment with California State University San Marcos. ESS provides access to key information housed in the PeopleSoft Human Resources System.
How to Access Employee Self-Service
To access Employee Self-Service, log on through the MyCSUSM employee portal at https://my.csusm.edu.
What Can You View?
- Benefits Information: In the benefits area you are able to view a list of each benefit plan you are currently enrolled in, including medical plans, flexible spending plans, and life and disability insurance plans.
- Leave Balances: In Self-Service you will be able to view your current leave balances and utilization. Each leave balance/absence will display with values current as of the first day of the prior month (one month lag time).
- Compensation History: In the Payroll and Compensation menu you are able to view your historical compensation history by date.
- Training Summary: You can view a record of all the campus sponsored employee trainings and workshops you were enrolled in through PeopleSoft.
What Can You Change/Update:
- Personal Information: In the Personal Information area of ESS you can view your personal home and mailing addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.
- Emergency Contact Information: Under the Personal Information Tab you can change your emergency contact information. Any changes will update PeopleSoft immediately.
- Report Time: Under the Time Reporting menu, you will be able to report any time worked or leave time taken in the current pay period. You will also be able to view reported and approved time for previous payroll periods, but will not be able to update it.
- Request Training Enrollment: The Learning and Development area will allow you to search and enroll in campus sponsored employee training courses and workshops.
- Recruiting Activities: In the Recruiting Activities area you will be able to search and apply to current Job Openings at CSUSM.
The ability to directly view your data in the Human Resource system provides an excellent opportunity for you to ensure that the information is accurate. One of the major advantages of the ESS system is that the data is real-time data; in other words, when you view your information in ESS, the system pulls the most current information directly from the PeopleSoft HR.
Process guides for each of the following featured areas to help navigate through Employee Self-Service.
|Business Process Guide||Detailed||Simple Steps|
|View and Update Personal Information|
|Request Training Enrollment|
Your personal data in the HR/Payroll system is maintained at the highest level of security protection available. ESS connectively uses the same technology that is used to access secure sites on the internet for activities such as banking and shopping. Security is maintained through the use of “roles” that control access to every data element maintained in the system. Through this security mechanism, employees are only able to access and view their own employee data maintained in the HR system.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Hoami Thamracksa, HRIS Analyst, at ext. 4413 or Diana Wilstermann, HRIS Project Manager at ext. 4428.