- Upcoming Campus Trainings for November 2015
- New CSU Background Check Policy
- Employment Opportunities at CSUSM
- Human Resources
- HR Staff Directory
- FAS Division
- HR Teams
- Employment & Recruitment Process
- MPP Appointment and Compensation Actions
- Recruitment Process for Applicants
- Recruitment Process for Students
- Recruitment Process for Managers
- Sign in Process
- Sign-Out Process
- Recruitment Contacts
- Labor & Employee Relations
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Conflict of Interest
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Performance Management
- Whistleblower Protection
- Human Resources Information System
- HR Forms
- Policies and Procedures
- Training & Professional Development
- How do I find out what jobs are available at CSU San Marcos?
- What materials will I need before I apply?
- Can I fax, mail or email my application and resume?
- What if I have problems logging in or forgot my password?
- Can I partially complete my application and finish completing it later?
- How do I include my resume, cover letter or other document(s) with my application?
- Do I have to fill out all portions of the application if I attach a resume?
- What do I do if I need to make a change to my application that I already submitted?
- How can I add formatted text to my Job Application?
- Can I complete an application even though I'm not applying for a specific posted job vacancy?
- What type of web browsers are required to support this site?
- What if I am having trouble entering information on this site?
- What if I am interested in a faculty position?
- Can I be "timed out" applying for a job?
- How do I know entering data is secure through this site?
- What does "Open Until Filled" mean?
- What if my resume and cover letter are not Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat (pdf.) documents?
- When I try to access the application, I get an error message that will not allow me to see the page. What can I do?
- How do I know that you have received my application?
- How soon will I hear something?
Job postings for vacant non-faculty positions at CSU San Marcos are available 24 hours a day at http://www.csusm.edu/recruitment/staffmppcareers.html on any computer with internet access. Position vacancies found online include all management and staff.
In addition to your resume, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your contact information which includes name, address, phone number, employment history, education, professional references, and referral information. Some jobs may require that you attach a Supplemental Application prior to submitting your application online. Please review the Job Posting for this requirement and have your supplemental application document ready to attach. You may submit supporting materials with your application in electronic format using MS Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe (.pdf).
Unfortunately, we no longer accept applications via fax, mail or email. If you do not have access to a computer or the internet to apply for open positions, you may visit the CSU San Marcos Human Resources Office located in Craven Hall Suite 1200 and use their kiosk computer. In addition, the Kellogg Library on the CSUSM campus as well as most public libraries have internet capability for public use. If you have difficulty finding internet or computer access or if you need assistance with our on-line process, please contact Human Resources at (760)750-4418.
If you have forgotten your password or user name, click on the "login help" link. You will be prompted to select whether you have forgotten your "login user name" or "login password". Select the appropirate box, and you will then be sent an e-mail with the missing information.
Yes. You may complete parts of the application process and come back to it later. From the Complete Application page, you must click on the SAVE AS DRAFT button to save the information you have entered. If you close your browser prior to clicking on SAVE FOR LATER, your contact information and account will be saved, but you will lose the application information keyed in since the last time you saved.
Cover letters, Supplemental Applications (if required) and other related documents can be attached to your profile. Resumes are attached as part of the initial application, however, cover letters and supplemental applications will need to be attached in the "My Career Tools" section of your profile. If you have signed in to the application system you will see the My Career Tools box just to the right of the Basic Job Search. Click on the Cover Letters and Attachments link and then ‘Add Attachment'. Choose the Attachment Type and create an Attachment Purpose appropriate to the contents of the document you are attaching.
Yes. In order to receive full consideration you need to completely fill out each section of the application, including work experience and salary information, even if you attach a resume.
Once you hit the Submit button to submit your application, you cannot make any changes to it. If you need to make changes to your application information you will need to apply for the same position again updating the information. When you resubmit, your prior data will default and you can add or make changes to it. You can change your personal profile which includes your name, address and contact information without reapplying.
You may paste text containing special formatting including HTML, bullets and other characters into text fields on this system. However, please note that pasting text containing bullets and certain characters including dashes and hyphens will be converted into question marks or other odd characters after you hit save. If you experience formatting problems when pasting text, you may want to manually edit the information.
No, we only accept applications for open job postings.
If you have problems logging into the CSU San Marcos employment website, please contact Human Resources at (760)750-4418 to speak to a staff member during normal working hours.
If you are interested in a faculty position, please view current postings by visiting the CSU San Marcos Faculty Opportunities section of our Website at http://www.csusm.edu/facultyopportunities/index.html for instructions on how to apply.
The system will automatically time you out after 60 minutes if there is no activity while you are submitting an application. Please Save your data often while completing your online application.
All data submitted via this site is secure and encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL protects information as it crosses the Internet.
If an application deadline reads "Open until filled", a department is accepting applications until the position is filled. If you have interest in a position, it is highly recommended that you apply as soon as possible upon seeing the announcement. Applications received after the specified first review date will be considered on an as needed basis.
Our system can only accept documents in these formats. You will need to convert your documents before attaching them to your application. Tip: WordPerfect and Word are not one-in-the-same. If you attach a document in WordPerfect format (.wps) it will upload in code. Please make sure all documents are .doc, .docx or .pdf format. See Microsoft Word Help or Adobe Help for more information.
First, we recommend that you access the application using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. Second, try closing your web browser and then opening it again. Upon re-opening your browser, please delete your temporary internet files and cookies. To do this on Internet Explorer browser's toolbar click "Tools" then "Internet Options". Under the General tab click on Browsing History and Delete. In the "Temporary Internet Files" section, click "Delete Files" and also "Delete Cookies". After you have completed these tasks, you should be able to access the application. Finally, if you still cannot access the application, you should contact your systems administrator or Internet service provider. They may have a firewall installed that is preventing you from viewing our page.
Once you submit your application and agree to the conditions of employment, you will receive a confirmation e-mail within a few hours. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, check your spam or junk e-mail folder. Some e-mail accounts read system generated e-mails as spam and filter them out of your inbox.
Candidates who are selected for interviews will usually be contacted within 2-3 weeks after the position closing date. Hiring departments will contact applicants they wish to interview via a phone call and email. If you have questions about the status of a specific position, please contact Human Resources at (760) 750-4418.