- Human Resources and Equal Opportunity
- HREO Teams
- FAS Division
- Conflict of Interest
- Employee Relations
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Employment Opportunities at CSUSM
- Employment & Recruitment Process
- Human Resources Information System
- HR Forms
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Performance Management
- Policies and Procedures
- Training & Professional Development
- How to Enroll
- Useful Training Links
- Whistleblower Protection
- HREO Staff Directory
How to Enroll
Courses will be filled on a first-come first-served basis. Staff should obtain approval from their supervisor prior to registering for any course.
There are two ways employees may view and search for dates, times, and locations for each course:
- Employee Self-Service Enrollment - This page will provide step-by-step instructions for searching and enrolling in courses using employee self-service. Employee self-service will allow employees to self-enroll and receive an automated confirmation e-mail after enrollment.
- HR Training Calendar - Employees can search by month and request training enrollment by contacting the HREO department through the on-line request form.
For a downloadable .pdf document of current information on courses that are being offered this fiscal year, please click on the link Training and Professional Development Courses Listing.
eDevelopment Self-Service Enrollment Preview (3-5 minute presentation)
To Search for Training Courses:
Sign into the MyCSUSM portal by using your regular network UserID and Password.
Under "My HR Resources" click on the "HR Training Calendar" link.
There are two ways to search for a course: By Course Name OR By Date
To Search by:
- Course Name:
- Click on Search by Course Name
- Enter a full or partial course name and click the Search button to get a list of matching courses. Leave the course name blank to get a list of all courses.
- Date Range:
- Click on Search by Date
- Enter a date range and click the Search button to get a list of courses offered within that range. Leave the date fields blank to get a list of all available
Once the course you are interested in displays, follow the steps below:
- Click on the View Available Sessions link next to the Course you are interested in.
- Click on the Session Number that corresponds to the Date and Session you would like to enroll in.
- The Session Detail page will display all the information related to the specific course including; date, location, start and end times, and instructor.
- If the course is full and you would like to be placed on the waitlist and notified if space becomes available, click on the wait list checkbox.
- Click Continue.
- The Submit Request Page will appear. Enter any comments you have for the course instructor or training administrator.
- Click Submit.
- Click OK on the Save Confirmation page.
- The Final Submit Request - Confirmation page will display. You will also receive an e-mail confirmation of your enrollment.
To View Your Training Summary:
Training Summary will only show training that has been reported to HR.
After logging on to MyCSUSM, under "My HR Resources" click on the "Training Summary" link to view your summary.
If you have enrolled in a course that you are unable to attend, please contact Human Resources at x 4418 to cancel or reschedule.