To save time each time you teach the same course, or to share course design and materials among instructors, you can transfer content from an “old” Cougar Course into a new semester course.
- This document describes the procedure for moving content from a course created in fall 2012 or later, to a course in a new academic year, you need to use the backup and restore process described below.
- To move content from the Spring 2010-Summer 2012 archives to the current academic year, use document: “Backup and Restore Courses from the Spr 2010 – Sum 2012 Archives.”
- If you are reusing a course from the same academic year, for example fall 2013 to spring 2014, you should use the document: “Importing Courses from the Same Academic Year.”
The backup and restore process has three main steps:
1) first locate your old course in the appropriate archive and , backup your “old” course,
2) download and save a copy of the backup file, then
3) go to your new course and restore the backup file into your new course.