The latest addition to our suite of collaborative systems is web conferencing - allowing you to share voice, video, and screens with others using a variety of devices, including:
- desktop computers
- mobile devices (iOS and Android)
...pretty much anywhere you have good networking bandwidth:
- your office
- at home
- on the road
The product that makes this possible is called GoToMeeting.
So, what can we do with web conferencing?
On the business/administrative side:
- Keep projects moving - by communicating with people or bringing them into meetings no matter where they are.
- Save travel expenses - meet on the web instead of flying.
- Webinars - let the world know what you have to offer with informative webinars that thousands can watch around the world.
- Training - show people how to do things live on the web.
- Outreach - phones and face-to-face meetings are great, but meeting live on the web is becoming increasingly popular with the digital generation.
- Position searches - reach a wider field of applicants with live interviews.
"GoToMeeting on the Mac® is a dynamic combination, pairing the easy-to-use Control Panel with the simplicity of the Mac. I have found meetings extremely easy to set up, schedule with others, and run. The new VoIP capability works perfectly on my MacBook Pro – and actually sounds better (and is easier to access) than a normal conference bridge."
Michael Crandell, CEO
Santa Barbara, CA
On the academic side:
- Online office hours - anytime/anywhere meeting with students.
- Tutorial sessions - you and students can work together on problems.
- Group projects - help students work together at a distance on projects.
California State University
We are licensed for three different products that address different collaboration needs:
We can also assist with Skype calling and adding conferencing capabilities to existing conference spaces. For more information contact Will White (8670, firstname.lastname@example.org).