On campus calls: Dial the 4 digit extension from any campus phone.
Calls within the 760 area code: Dial 9 + 1 + the 10 digit phone number.
Calls outside the 760 area code: Dial 9 + 1 + the 10 digit phone number.
Enter an authorization code if prompted.
From classroom phones and phones in general areas, authorization codes may be required for toll free and local calls.
$.01 Local Calls
$.03 within California (Intrastate)
$.04 outside California (Interstate).
Authorization Codes are required from some phones. The system will prompt for calls outside the 760/442 area codes. After dialing 9+ the number, you will hear 1 beep. Enter your authorization code after the beep. For international calls, there will be a pause for a few seconds before you hear the beep.International Calls
- You will need an authorization code with authorizaiton to place an international call (note: not all authorization codes have the capability of making international calls) From the main Faculty Staff Phones page, use the International Phone Resources available for assistance with placing an international call.
- Dialing Instructions:
- Dial 9
- 011 (the international access code)
- The country code (can be found in the front of the white pages)
- The city code (white pages)
- The local telephone number
- After the beep enter your long distance authorization code
- Follow the directions above for making international calls. When programming a fax call, enter 4 pauses between the phone number and the authorization code.
- If you need more information on international codes, visit: http://kropla.com/dialcode.htm
Last Modified: by sross