Connecting to csusm-students with Android
Note: Your Android phone must have version 2.0 or later firmware installed.
- From the main Android menu, select Settings:
- Select Wireless & networks:
- Select Wi-Fi settings:
- Under Wi-Fi networks, select csusm-students:
- When the Connect to csusm-students screen appears, select the following information, as shown in the images below:
- EAP method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
- CA certificate: N/A
- Client certificate: N/A
- Identity: <your CSUSM username>
- Anonymous identity: <leave blank>
- Wireless password: <your CSUSM password>:
- Click the Connect button.
You should now be connected to the "csusm-students" wireless network. If you are still unable to connect after following the above instructions, contact the Help Desk.
- It may be necessary to turn your Android Wi-Fi off and back on in order to connect the first time.
- Make sure you have installed all available driver updates and patches for your Android; an Android phone must have version 2.0 or later firmware installed.
For more information on configuring an Android to access the wireless networks please contact the Help Desk.