- Institutional Planning & Analysis
- Profile of New Students
- Profile of Enrolled Students
- Retention and Graduation
- Degree Report
- Faculty Profile
- Alumni Survey
- College Senior Survey
- Freshman Survey
- Graduation Survey
- National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
- Other Surveys
- University Survey Committee
- Survey Calendar
- Course Evaluations
- Common Data Sets
- Additional Data Sources
Freshman Survey (CIRP)
During the summer orientation sessions for new students at CSUSM, all entering freshmen are given the opportunity to complete the comprehensive Freshman Survey distributed annually by the Higher Education Research Institute (HERI) at UCLA. The survey provides a detailed profile of the freshman class including demographic characteristics, high school activities, goals and attitudes, and reasons for attending college.
The following reports examine students' responses to a range of questions by:
- comparing the responses of CSUSM students to those from students at similar public universities.
- comparing the responses of selected subgroups of CSUSM students (e.g. first generation students) to those of all CSUSM respondents.
- presenting responses from CSUSM students longitudinally to show trends over time.
For full reports or for results prior to 2010, please contact Cameron Stevenson in Institutional Planning & Analysis.