- College of Education, Health and Human Services
- Kinesiology Home
- Impaction and Application Process
- Academic Advising and Permission Numbers
- Degree options and courses
- Guidelines & forms
- Internship Sites & locations
- Request a KINE 495 Permission Number
- Research and Labs
- Program Learning Outcomes
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty/Staff Directory
- Temecula Program
- Graduation Celebration!
- Graduate/Alumni survey
KINE 495 Guidelines and Forms
You must be in your last semester of the degree to be eligible for KINE 495 Internship. Having most of your major coursework completed helps ensure you are adequately prepared for this important experience.
If you meet the eligibility criteria above and would like to register for KINE 495, you must apply for a permission number
Requirements for the Internship
You are expected to:
- locate an internship site willing to supervise you either from our database or one that you locate yourself. If the site is not on our list and they are willing to accept you as an intern, you must CONTACT YOUR KINE 495 INSTRUCTOR WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FROM THE SITE YOU HAVE CONTACTED OFF OUR ACCEPTED LIST: Name of contact person, email of contact person, name of the business, clinic etc., their website-if any, address of the site, phone number and a description of the potential website. Your instructor will initiate contact with the site to begin the paperwork process that will go to CSUSM Procurement/Risk Management. Do not personally initiate the form. This should be done by your Kine 495 teacher.
- complete 90 total contact hours at your internship site
- submit journal entries following every 12 hours that describe what you're doing, what you're learning, and a reflection on the experience
- complete a final project agreed upon by your site and faculty supervisors before you begin
- submit a signed timesheet and student evaluation completed by the site supervisor
Print each of these forms and complete as indicated below.
"Site Supervisor" refers to the person who will be supervising you at your actual internship site.
"Faculty Supervisor" refers to the Kinesiology faculty member with whom you register for KINE 495.
Please note -- all signatures must be signed in BLUE INK!!
To be completed prior to beginning internship
- Participation and Guidelines (site supervisor signs, student signs, returns to internship instructor)
- Release of Liability (student signs and returns first page to the internship instructor - second page required only if student is less than 18 years of age)
- Company/Agency Agreement
- Student Contact Information