You must be in your last semester of the degree to be eligible for KINE 495 Internship.
Having most of your major coursework completed helps ensure you are adequately prepared
for this important experience.
If you meet the eligibility criteria above and would like to register for KINE 495,
you must apply for a permission number
Requirements for the Internship
You are expected to:
- Attend all course meetings for KINE 495 (4 per semester).
- Locate an internship site that is willing to supervise you from the database. You can search by keyword, title, or KINE.
- If you prefer to work with an organization that is NOT in the database and they are
willing to accept you as an intern, you must contact your KINE 495 instructor with
the following information:
Main contact name, title, phone, email
Organization website (if applicable)
If your instructor approves, you may complete the community partner request with the Office of Internships. This process takes 2-6 weeks. It is important that
you work only with approved community partners to ensure you are covered under the
University's liability insurance in case of accident or injury.
- Apply for an internship position by following specific instructions detailed in the
opportunity listing. Each internship site may use different screening methods including
written application, resume review, interviews, etc., and may ask for references or
have a background check.
- Consult with your faculty supervisor about learning objectives and the appropriateness
of the internship opportunity.
- Create your internship placement. After you have secured a faculty-approved internship
placement, log on to the internship database and complete the required internship placement forms using your CSUSM username and
- Complete 90 total contact hours at your internship site.
- Submit journal entries following every 12 hours that describe what you are doing,
what you are learning, and a reflection on the experience.
- Submit a signed timesheet and student evaluation completed by the site supervisor,
through the internship database.
Prior to beginning the internship, all student placement forms must be completed in
the internship database.