You must be in your last semester of the degree to be eligible for KINE 495 Internship.
Having most of your major coursework completed helps ensure you are adequately prepared
for this important experience.
If you meet the eligibility criteria above and would like to register for KINE 495,
you must apply for a permission number
Requirements for the Internship
You are expected to:
- locate an internship site willing to supervise you either from our database or one that you locate yourself. If the site is not on our list and they are willing to accept you as an intern, you must CONTACT YOUR KINE 495 INSTRUCTOR
WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FROM THE SITE YOU HAVE CONTACTED OFF OUR ACCEPTED LIST:
Name of contact person, email of contact person, name of the business, clinic etc., their website-if any, address of the site, phone
number and a description of the potential website. Your instructor will initiate
contact with the site to begin the paperwork process that will go to CSUSM Procurement/Risk
Management. Do not personally initiate the form. This should be done by your Kine
- complete 90 total contact hours at your internship site
- submit journal entries following every 12 hours that describe what you're doing, what
you're learning, and a reflection on the experience
- complete a final project agreed upon by your site and faculty supervisors before you
- submit a signed timesheet and student evaluation completed by the site supervisor
Print each of these forms and complete as indicated below.
"Site Supervisor" refers to the person who will be supervising you at your actual
"Faculty Supervisor" refers to the Kinesiology faculty member with whom you register
for KINE 495.
Please note -- all signatures must be signed in BLUE INK!!
To be completed prior to beginning internship