- College of Education, Health and Human Services
- Kinesiology Home
- Impaction and Application Process
- Academic Advising and Permission Numbers
- Degree options and courses
- Research and Labs
- Kinesiology Labs
- Dr. Todd Astorino
- Dr. Jeff Nessler
- Dr. Paul Stuhr
- Dr. Devin Jindrich
- Program Learning Outcomes
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty/Staff Directory
- Temecula Program
- Graduation Celebration!
- Graduate/Alumni survey
Research and Labs
There is a vibrant research program in our department. Students and faculty work side-by-side on many hypothesis-driven projects for classes and on faculty funded grants. Many of our students present their class research projects at local and regional conferences. Our students are competitive each year in our campus Undergraduate Research Competition. For the last four years, a KINE student has won locally and been selected to present at the statewide competition!
Read the story and watch the video in the UT San Diego about our surf research.
Watch a video describing research in the biomechanics lab.
Click here for a list of our major equipment or below for more information about each faculty member's lab and research agenda:
- Todd Astorino - Exercise Physiology
- Jeff Nessler - Biomechanics/Motor Control
- Paul Stuhr - Pedagogy
- Devan Romero - Health Science
- Devin Jindrich - Biomechanics/Motor Control
- Sean Newcomer - Exercise Physiology
Vice-President Gerardo Gonzalez and Nicole Rushford, Undergrad Research Competition winner, 2009
Students in the Human Performance Lab
Student research project on bone density
Students using the isokinetic dynammometer