CSUSM Noyce Teacher Scholars Program
The CSUSM Noyce Teacher Scholars program offers up to $12,000 each academic year for CSUSM Mathematics and Scienc juniors and senior undergraduates in scholarship funds as a forgivable loan. Students may accept the award for one, two, or three years, with a two-year commitment to teach as a mathematics or science teacher in a high need school district for each year the award is accepted.
Cougar Mathematics and Science Teacher (CMST) Scholars Program
The CSUSM Cougar Mathematics and Science Teacher (CMST) Scholars program, funded by the CSU Mathematics and Science Teacher Initiative (MSTI), responds to the critical need for secondary teachers of mathematics and science by encouraging talented students and professionals to pursue teaching careers.
The following awards are available, each funded at levels dependent on availabe funds:
- $500 for each College of Education prerequisite course
- California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) fees
- CSET prep course fees
- $2000/semester while making satisfactory progress in the credential program.
- Majoring in mathematics or science (or have a bachelors degree in math/science)
- Planning to teach K-12 mathematics or science