CSUSM Noyce Teacher Scholars Program
The CSUSM Noyce Teacher Scholars program offers an annual $12,000 scholarship as a forgivable loan to CSUSM junior and senior undergraduates in Mathematics and Science. Students may accept the award for one, two, or three years, with a two-year commitment to teach in a high need school district immediately upon credential completion for each year the award is accepted.
Cougar Mathematics and Science Teacher (CMST) Scholars Program
The CSUSM Cougar Mathematics and Science Teacher (CMST) Scholars program, funded by the CSU Mathematics and Science Teacher Initiative (MSTI), responds to the critical need for secondary teachers of mathematics and science by encouraging talented students and professionals to pursue teaching careers.
The following awards are available, each funded at levels dependent on funds:
- Math and Science California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) fees
- Math and Science CSET prep course fees
- $500 for each School of Education prerequisite course
- $2000/semester while making satisfactory progress toward your degree
- $2000/semester while making satisfactory progress in the credential program.
- Strong background in mathematics or science (or have a bachelors degree in math/science)
- Planning to teach K-12 mathematics or science