HOW TUTORING WORKS
- ALL CSUSM students may get tutored (even if you are not taking a class here).
- Tutors have set schedules.
- Tutoring is by appointment OR drop in, but we recommend appointments.
- Appointments are 45 minutes long.
- You can book 1 week in advance.
- You can book 3 appointments per week.
- You can book 2 appointments per day (but not back-to-back).
- You will lose your appointment slot if more than 10 min late.
- You will be blocked if you are a no-show, until you talk to LLC Staff.
HOW A SESSION WORKS
- Do as much on your own as you can.
- Come with SPECIFIC QUESTIONS.
- Tutoring is different than teaching: You will go over work together.
- Tutors help with homework, test review, concepts & clarity in communication.
- Tutors will not proofread, edit, translate, nor do your work for you.
- Try your best, be patient - and we will do our best to help you succeed!
- You can make appointments online OR by calling the LLC at (760) 750-8058
OR by coming to the LLC in Kellogg 1107 (library basement).
- Appointments are 45 min and start ONLY at:
9, 9:45, 10:30, 11:15, 12, 12:45, 1:30, 2:15, 3, 3:45, 4:30
- Spanish 101-201: We also have unreservable extra walk-ins:
Mon 9-9:45; Tues 12:45-4; Wed 9-9:45; Thurs 12:15-3:45.
- Can't fit our tutors' schedule?
Make a special appointment via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
1) Read the above information!!
2) Go to CSUSM APPOINTMENT MAKER.
3) Log in with regular campus username & password.
4) Click "New Appointment".
5) Choose DATE.
6) Chose CENTER.
7) Choose SUBJECT:
- SPAN (for Spanish)
- FREN (for French)
- GRMN (for German)
- ARAB (for Arabic)
- CHIN (for Mandarin Chinese)
- English: Academic Writing (for Bilingual/Heritage Students)
- English: Conversation (for Bilingual/Heritage Students)
- Comm. Coll. Lang. Class NOT ASL (for classes at local community colleges in French, Spanish, German, Arabic, Japanese & Mandarin)
- Comm. Coll. Lang. Class ASL (for classes at local community colleges in American Sign Language)
- NOTE: WE DO NOT TUTOR GEW, UNLESS YOU ARE BILINGUAL/HERITAGE STUDENT (in which case choose "English: Academic Writing")
8) Click "Search".
9) Available times are in Light Green.
10) Choose a future START TIME:
- 4:30 (Mon-Wed only)
11) Enter NAME
12) Enter NOTES to help the tutor prepare.
13) Confirm SUBJECT to be same as #7 above.
14) Confirm SERVICE to be TUTORING.
15) Click "Accept".
16) Click "Make the Appointment".
You will receive a confirmation email!