HOW TUTORING WORKS
- ALL CSUSM students may get tutored (even if you are not taking a class here).
- Tutors have set schedules.
- Tutoring is by appointment OR drop in, but we recommend appointments.
- Appointments are 45 minutes long.
- You can book 1 week in advance.
- You can book 3 appointments per week.
- You can book 2 appointments per day - but not back-to-back!
- You will lose your appointment slot if more than 10 min late.
- You will be blocked if you are a no-show, until you talk to LLC Staff.
HOW A SESSION WORKS
- Do as much on your own as you can.
- Come with SPECIFIC QUESTIONS.
- Tutoring is different than teaching: You will go over work together.
- Tutors help with homework, test review, grammar, concepts, ideas & clarity.
- Tutors will not proofread, edit, translate, nor do your work for you.
- Try your best, be patient - and we will do our best to help you succeed!
- You can make appointments below OR at(760)750-8058
OR at Kellogg 1107 (library basement).
- Appointments are 45 min and start ONLY at:
9, 9:45, 10:30, 11:15, 12, 12:45, 1:30, 2:15, 3, 3:45 & 4:30
- Can't fit into our schedule?
Make a special appointment via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
1) Read the above information!!
2) Go to CSUSM APPOINTMENT MAKER.
3) Log in with regular campus username & password.
4) Click "New Appointment".
5) Choose DATE.
6) Chose CENTER.
7) Choose SUBJECT:
- English: Academic Oral/Listen/Read
- English: Conversation (for Bilingual/Heritage Students)
- American Sign Language
- Comm. Coll. Lang. Class NOT ASL (for non-CSUSM classes in Spanish, French, German, Arabic, Mandarin, Japanese, Vietnamese and Russian)
8) Click "Search".
9) Available times are in Light Green.
10) Choose a future START TIME:
11) Enter NAME
12) Enter NOTES to help the tutor prepare.
13) Confirm SUBJECT to be same as #7 above.
14) Confirm SERVICE to be TUTORING.
15) Click "Accept".
16) Click "Make the Appointment".
You will receive a confirmation email!