- Department of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science
- Master of Science
- Graduate Program Coordinator
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Admission Requirements
- Application Due Dates
- How to Apply
- Teaching Assistant (TA)
- Comprehensive Exam Policy
- Mathematics M.S. Alumni
- Single-Subject Matter Preparation (SSMP) Program
- Counselors and faculty advisors
- Careers in mathematics
- Undergraduate Opportunities
- Faculty Directory
- Faculty resources
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with a Master of Science in Mathematics will be able to:
1. Apply advanced concepts of algebra.
2. Apply advanced concepts of analysis.
3. Compose and present extended passages of mathematical prose following modern conventions of precision and clarity.
4. Develop and write mathematical proofs in advanced areas of mathematics.
5. Develop and analyze mathematical models and algorithms, utilizing appropriate software and drawing from different fields of mathematics when necessary.