A successful candidate of the SSMP Program in Mathematics at CSUSM:
- Has a solid understanding of the mathematics in Algebra, Geometry, Number Theory, Probability and Statistics, Calculus, and History of Mathematics, as required by the CTC.
- Has been exposed to mathematics in the K-12 classroom setting.
- Can read mathematics with understanding and communicate mathematical ideas with clarity and coherence.
- Can reason logically to conclusions and can use, construct and communicate various forms of logical argument.
- Can solve problems using mathematical models, computational techniques, and technology.
- Is aware of the connections among mathematical ideas and between mathematics and other disciplines.