A successful candidate of the SSMP Program in Mathematics at CSUSM
- Has a solid understanding of the mathematics in Algebra, Geometry, Number Theory, Probability and Statistics, Calculus, and History of Mathematics, as required by the CTC;
- Has been exposed to mathematics in the K-12 classroom setting;
Can read mathematics with understanding and communicate mathematical ideas with clarity and coherence;
- Can reason logically to conclusions and can use, construct and communicate various forms of logical argument;
- Can solve problems using mathematical models, computational techniques, and technology; and
- Is aware of the connections among mathematical ideas and between mathematics and other disciplines.